Thinking of one of these. Are they USA built?
Are they any good ..seem quite a cheap price.
And the lacquer...it's thin skin? What is the advantage of this?
cheers
Quote by swoosta
Thinking of one of these. Are they USA built?
Are they any good ..seem quite a cheap price.
And the lacquer...it's thin skin? What is the advantage of this?
cheers

Well, they're great guitars (like all MIM instruments ).

Anyway, as mentioned above the thin skin is supposed to give you better tone. Not too long ago they revised them a little, so I guess they're even better now, although I haven't had one in my hands recently.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Anyone know if the pickups up on this guitar is a noiseless one or it's just as noisy as any other MIM guitars?
no they are USA. but i dont think its any better than a MIM exept pickups
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by swoosta
So they are Mim?

Well, the bulk of the work is done in Mexico, but then there shipped to the US factory, where just enough is done to make them MIA. So basically it's an MIM strat with a US setup.

Regardless of whether is fair to label them MIA, they are very nice guitars. The main thing that sets them appart from regular MIMs are minor upgrades such as the pickups.

Quote by hminh87
Anyone know if the pickups up on this guitar is a noiseless one or it's just as noisy as any other MIM guitars?

Thanks to the 5 way switch, as found on any strat, positions two and four on any SSS guitar combine two single coils, effectively cancelling the hum.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
They're superior to MIMs. Not as good as MIA Standards. Thin Skin lacquer means it wears quicker so you can get that vintage look and it's lighter, so you get more resonance and sustain. The pickups are Alnico III single coils. Very nice guitars IMO.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.