About half the time I turn on my wah (Budda Budwah) and it acts like a volume pedal (I have my stuff set up: guitar>wah>Digitech Bad Monkey>amp). It's pretty quiet even in the toe position (less than half of what it is when it's off), enough so that I can hear a bunch of white noise coming out of the speakers.

Turning it off and back on will sometimes help, but a lot of times I have to unplug it and plug it back in and even then it's hit or miss. I don't think it's my Bad Monkey (it does the same thing when I go guitar>wah>amp) and I've tested all the cables I have and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I use it with the Boss adapter it came with, but I haven't tried it with a battery yet. I've messed with the adapter (unplugged it from wall and back in, unplugged it from wah and back in), but it didn't make any difference when I did.

Any idea what the problem could be?

EDIT: I'm using it with a Blues Junior and an Agile AL-2000.
could be a bad connection nside the wah. I've just finished doing the true bypass mod on my Vox V847 so I'm in the mood for electronics. Care to open up your wah and post a picture of the electronics?
I just came across this sentence while looking at wah mods...

"Lifting the earth connection of the 4.7µF capacitor will cancel the wah effect and leave you with a volume pedal."

Still... i need pics to help.
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
I just came across this sentence while looking at wah mods...

"Lifting the earth connection of the 4.7µF capacitor will cancel the wah effect and leave you with a volume pedal."

Still... i need pics to help.

Could turning it on while my amp is warming up be the problem? I messed with it the other day and the only time I could get it to act like a volume pedal was right after I turned on my amp.

I could get pics of the inside but it would be a hassle. It's a new pedal (bought earlier this year, around May or June).

Thanks for your help.
Nah, although, if you're running your pedals off power supplies or anything, turn them on BEFORE you switch the amp on. Power surges and stuff could damage your amp.

If it's new them it should be still under warranty, try and get it repaired or exchanged.