I'm trying to find out more information about this particular guitar. I'm deciding if this would be a worthwhile purchase. Clean tones, nitro finish, neck, pickups, better quality etc, pretty much its the whole package for me in terms of specs. Just looking at getting some feedback from players who have either played one or own them. Such as experiences, likes/dislikes, disappointments and so on.
I am looking for that vintage clean tone, I prefer maple necks and I do not mind paying more for an instrument if its worth the extra cash in the finished product. I've looked into both the 50's Classic Strat (Made in Mexico) and this one. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
Well, fenders don't get any better than the vintage reissues. I think that this is exactly what you want. Just make sure you like the neck because they might have a V profile, which some players find uncomfortable.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Thanks for the quick response

Yea thats the thing, I tried out a MIM 50's reissue last year and loved the neck. I'm going to the guitar store tomorrow to buy a case and check out the Champion 600 5W tube amp so hopefully they'll have some 50's reissues or v neck strats. Just in case my taste has changed in the last 12 months
If you don't like the V neck by some chance, theres always the 62 reissue. The both have the same pickups (fender 57/62s, if you didn't know already). The 62 has a C shaped neck. Also, check out japanese fenders on ebay. The new ones are fitted with american pickups, and the reissues are made of alder like the american ones. I have a japanese 62 reissue with texas specials and it's perfect for me (they're also alot cheaper).
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
im not sure about the 57 but i have a 62 reissue and it plays perfectly.
yerp im sure ill add something amazing here some day.
check the price of the 57 reissue on musiciansfriend, it´s incredibly low!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Thanks for the responses guys...

Quote by mcb_69
im not sure about the 57 but i have a 62 reissue and it plays perfectly.

Yea, they are both the same except the '62 has a rosewood fingerboard and a C shaped neck. Like I said I like the V neck but thanks for the feedback on the '62.
I think I'm more or less decided on the '57. Just wanted to know peoples experiences with them. Problem is, a high end specific guitar like that is not on the rack of every music store. I have played the MIM 50's reissue and liked it. If I could find a place that has the American 57's in my area I could check out I wouldn't be writing this thread

Quote by scarecr0w
If you don't like the V neck by some chance, theres always the 62 reissue. The both have the same pickups (fender 57/62s, if you didn't know already). The 62 has a C shaped neck. Also, check out japanese fenders on ebay. The new ones are fitted with american pickups, and the reissues are made of alder like the american ones. I have a japanese 62 reissue with texas specials and it's perfect for me (they're also alot cheaper).

Jap models are very good, problem is I'm not a big fan of ebay because I'd like to try before I buy. If I see one in a pawn shop here I'll definitely check it out. I say that now when over a month ago I ordered a Kramer Striker off MusicYo. My only excuse is I took a gamble, it was less then $300 and I got lucky I think not sure if I'd order through mail again though
i have a 62
i love it
i love the neck
so i don't know about 57s but that is just me
the pickups are amazing
i can nail surf tones, hendrix, frusciante
all the strat guys
i am pretty sure that the japanese strats donb't have the nitro
you are gonna want that
just think about frusciante's strat and SRV and gallagher and how sexy that looks
Quote by guitaristd
i have a 62
i love it
i love the neck
so i don't know about 57s but that is just me
the pickups are amazing
i can nail surf tones, hendrix, frusciante
all the strat guys
i am pretty sure that the japanese strats donb't have the nitro
you are gonna want that
just think about frusciante's strat and SRV and gallagher and how sexy that looks

Yea thats exactly what I'm looking for in terms of tone. Nitro finish is one of the reason why I'd rather buy the American Vintage over the Mexican made 50's classic also. Anyways I guess this thread is closed unless someone else has other opinions or feedback. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought of that guitar or even series. Its kinda nice talking and reading about classic Fender's rather then all the Ibanez, Jackson, ESP, BC Rich etc threads there are on here