Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
sweeps sound nice

thanks, they came with a total guitar magazine a whilst ago, they're meant to be Jason Becker like
Both need a lot more work, but i cant really judge from that length of recording,

try doing longer sweeping, more variations, and distorted sounds so we get the idea of how clean your actually playing.

As for alternate picking it wasn't fast, but clean so thats good, but i wouldnt call that shredding (as you have done in the thread title)

But keep working dude, dont let anything get you down, keep practising and compare todays recording to your playing maybe 2/3 months from now, and see if your actually improving.
Quote by bikersbasin
thanks, they came with a total guitar magazine a whilst ago, they're meant to be Jason Becker like

A 2007 issue? If so, which month? I'd like to improve on my sweep picking.
Quote by SheKILaDZE
Both need a lot more work, but i cant really judge from that length of recording,

try doing longer sweeping, more variations, and distorted sounds so we get the idea of how clean your actually playing.

As for alternate picking it wasn't fast, but clean so thats good, but i wouldnt call that shredding (as you have done in the thread title)

But keep working dude, dont let anything get you down, keep practising and compare todays recording to your playing maybe 2/3 months from now, and see if your actually improving.

I would have distorted it but then people would be like, oh we cant judge your playing from a distorted sound, thats why I put ti clean, but thanks for the advice, I'll act upon it
Quote by bikersbasin
I would have distorted it but then people would be like, oh we cant judge your playing from a distorted sound, thats why I put ti clean, but thanks for the advice, I'll act upon it

i guess your right, so do both, do half the recording on clean, then the same thing again on distortion. Cause good sweeping is clean sweeping. And of course speed comes with it as well. If you do update it, il check it out again.
Quote by jaffawoman
A 2007 issue? If so, which month? I'd like to improve on my sweep picking.

No, 2006, Issue 145, The Issue Trivium were named TG's Band Of The Year, its in techniques of the rich and famous, theres Yngwie and Frank Gambale aswell
Quote by SheKILaDZE
i guess your right, so do both, do half the recording on clean, then the same thing again on distortion. Cause good sweeping is clean sweeping. And of course speed comes with it as well. If you do update it, il check it out again.

thanks, i'll let you know when I update it
Quote by bikersbasin
No, 2006, Issue 145, The Issue Trivium were named TG's Band Of The Year, its in techniques of the rich and famous, theres Yngwie and Frank Gambale aswell

Oh, luckily I have that one too. Thanks, I'll have a look at it. I love the sound of your alternate picking clip, by the way, but it'd sound better with Overdrive.
Quote by jaffawoman
Oh, luckily I have that one too. Thanks, I'll have a look at it. I love the sound of your alternate picking clip, by the way, but it'd sound better with Overdrive.

done one my acoustic guitar, it gets horrendous amounts of feedback when overdirven