I have saved up some money and want to invest in a nice combo tube amp i have about 700-800 dollars to spend and i play lots of Guns and Roses, Velvet Revolver,AC/DC and lots of other classic rock like led zep.

I was looking at the Peavey classic 30 havnt played one yet but from the soundclips I have heard it sounds great, are there any other combo tube amps that would cover those styles?

Thanks in advance.
Peavey or Fender Blues Deluxe or Epiphone Blues Custom. Fender has better cleans and Peavey a great overdrive. it's Your choice but I would recomend You Peavey because of Your style of playing.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
The Peavey Classic 30 would be good for those styles. You could also look at the Palomino V32 amps - those are supposed to do rock quite well
Quote by Karol1701
Peavey or Fender Blues Deluxe or Epiphone Blues Custom. Fender has better cleans and Peavey a great overdrive. it's Your choice but I would recomend You Peavey because of Your style of playing.

I agree, also check out a Laney VC
i would get the peavey classic 50 instead of 30....the 30 hasn´t a standby switch and you´ll ruin your tubes!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
i would get the peavey classic 50 instead of 30....the 30 hasn´t a standby switch and you´ll ruin your tubes!

Extreme exaggeration there. My Valve Jr. didn't have a standby switch and my valves were fine
Quote by Ferrarone

no my friend, just no.

I'd look at all the amps already suggested- the Classic 30 would do what you want well though.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Laney VC all the ****ing way
this amp will do exactly want you want!!!

but if you decide to play a little metal too, i would recommend the engl balckmore for this baby can handle all your styles pretty good!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by V12prowler
Used AC30, JCM800 or JCM900.

Thats what I was thinking too. All the thread starters bands he listed play marshall amps so that would lead me to think he needs a british sounding amp and not an American sounding amp. I dunno... The peavy classic 30 is good and all, but I think the a used JCM800 would be better.
Not taking any online orders.
ok so i have decided to sell my Marshall AVT and buy a AC30 CC1 1X12 with the Celestion NeoDog speaker is this a good AC30?
Every AC30 is a good amp! Congrats man!
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by Sham-Rock
ok so i have decided to sell my Marshall AVT and buy a AC30 CC1 1X12 with the Celestion NeoDog speaker is this a good AC30?

That's an all-world upgrade, dude. I have the AC30CC1, it kicks ass. Definitely doesn't get the respect it deserves.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Sham-Rock
I have found a local shop that has a CC2 would this be better than the CC1

It's a matter of taste at that point. The best thing about the stock CC2 is that it can be easily upgraded with a pair of Celestion Blues, IMHO.

The reason the CC1 is so close in price to the CC2 is that the Neodog in the CC1 is that much more expensive than the Wharfdales in the CC2. Is it better? Again, that's opinion. A big advantage to the CC1 is that it's a little smaller and lighter (by 15 pounds/7 kilos), so it's a little easier to transport. Othewise, it's the identical amp. They both can be connected to either an extension or external cab.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ok well size/weight arnt a problem and i can always get the celestion blues when i have the money so i think im gonna go for the CC2