Is there a big difference i heard the Metal Muff is good but the digitech death metal is ok just loads of buzz
Quote by stephen_rettie
what amp do you use?

according to his sig, a Fender 300.

from what I've heard, the metal muff is one of the best distortion pedals on the market. while digitech and DOD products are questionable. I have a DOD EQ that I love, but I absolutely hated thier Bad Monkey overdrive.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
cool, i've never tried the bad monkey overdrive, i might upgrade to the metal muff in the near future after i get a new amp/guitar, cheers!
Last edited by Fender Usa at Nov 11, 2007,
if you get a tube amp, you may want to check out overdrive pedals instead, as they can act as a boost for your amp.

also, check into the DOD EQ. it's $50 and works better than any OD pedal could. it completely reforms my tone and can work as a boost or not, pending on how you have the level set.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
really i'm hopefully going to get a peavey valve king 212 so i'll check out the DOD EQ, thanks
Personally, I'd stick with DigiTech and go from the Death Metal to the Metal Master X-Series. It's a lot more variable and can act as good overdrive once you find the correct setting.
Gear

Guitar
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Ibanez RG370DX
BC Rich Warlock SE
BC Rich Warlock NJ Series (Kahler trem)
BC Rich Mockingbird Acrylic Ice Series
BC Rich Mockingbird Spiro Light
Line6 Bogner 1X12 Tube Amp