I'm going to buy a decent set of monitors for my iMac G5 and I was wondering about the connection between the two. The main speaker output on the Mac seems to go through a 1/8" headphone jack and I was curious whether anything I could send from that to the speakers would be acceptable. Thanks in advance for your help.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by GuitarFreak664
I'm going to buy a decent set of monitors for my iMac G5 and I was wondering about the connection between the two. The main speaker output on the Mac seems to go through a 1/8" headphone jack and I was curious whether anything I could send from that to the speakers would be acceptable. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not on a Mac but my PC doesn't have a Line Out so I'm running mine off the the speaker out. I'm using Infinity 165 Studio Monitors which are unpowered and driving them with a JVC stereo receiver. I got a patch cord from Radio Shack. I just have to keep the PC volume settings down so I don't overload the inputs. This will get moved eventually to my music workstation PC which I am in the process of building and that has line out on the sound card

Tony
You should probably invest in some type of GOOD interface. I had my Powerbook G4 going to a MOTU 828mkII and used M-Audio BX5 monitors. I also have an Audio Kontrol.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
I'm running input into my computer through a Line6 UX2 USB interface. Is there a way to output to a pair of monitors from that?
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?