Just a quick question, cause im going to start learning bass soon. My mates say that guitar is way easier than bass - is this the case?

(It even rhymes! *smug look*)
I've never played bass, but I guess having only 4 strings as opposed to 6 might help. But then again, I'm not sure about techniques etc.
Are you black?

JUST KIDDING
not racist
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by We Remain
Are you black?

JUST KIDDING
not racist

ermm...no?

and gawd, this is this pit. who cares?
All depends on what you're playing. If you're trying to mimic Les Claypool or Geddy Lee, I might go so far as to say that bass is harder.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
^Pretty much. the Bass playing in my old band was so simple, and yet he (the player) could pull some pretty impressive stuff if he wanted to.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
anyone who says one or the other is easier is wrong. it depends what level you want to take it to. hammering out root notes on bass with a pick is easy, but so's playing powerchord riffs on guitar.
there is no "easier" instrument to play. bass is very different from guitar in terms of sound and how a bass is played and its role in music.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
exactly! it's what you're playing, not the instrument you play it with. i'm sure that anyone can play rugrats on a keyboard. -.-
If you're just going to play something like this:

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Then probably so, but otherwise no.