i have a ibanez gsa60, and a marshall mg 10cd i thnk,or something like that,i have an $800 budget, i could get an $800 guitar or an $800 amp.
Well you definitely need a new amp.

What type of music do you play?

You can always buy a $600 amp and then a $200 guitar (or spend that $200 upgrading your current guitar if you like it).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i already have a $200 guitar and i hate it,after i played the c-1 hellraiser.
i play only metal.i just cant stand my guitar.
What do you hate about it?

If it's the tone; that'd have to do more with a horrendous amp .

If you only play metal, but a Used Peavey 5150 Combo. They go for $500-$600 on Craigslist/Ebay.

Not all $200 guitars are created equally .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well im its not the tone its the messed up bridge i tried everything to fix it and it still gets fret buzz and i want low action.
Ibanez RG321 + Used Peavey 5150.
Quote by utsapp89
get a used 5150 at the lowest price you can. If you can afford another guitar, do so, or else, get your actual guitar to someone who can fix your problem.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by FacingUsAll
Ibanez RG321 + Used Peavey 5150.

This is a very good suggestion.
I'd only get peavey if I played bass. As a bass amp I think they are great, but the guitar amps I don't think can hold a candle to much else.
theyre both erm not too great. Go with a new amp first, save up, then get a great guitar?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I doubt he will need a 60 watt tube.

If I were you, I'd spend $300 on a decent SMALL amp. And $500 on an used hellraiser (if you like them)

Then once you start gigging. Get a new + bigger amp.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

no, get a 5150, i bought one yesterday for 450, its a good amp, amazing if you get it cheap and used, and get a semi good guitar. you will be set
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by dutch5367
I'd only get peavey if I played bass. As a bass amp I think they are great, but the guitar amps I don't think can hold a candle to much else.

*shrug*

I think they make great guitar amps.

To each their own.

I think you'd be hardpressed to find a better amp for just metal in that price range than the 5150.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by dutch5367

Wtf sort of cave did you just crawl out of?

RG321MH + Used 5150 is a brilliant suggestion.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I would go with any of the hellraisers and then save a little more and get a good
$300-$400 amp. I'm not sure which one(I'm looking for a new setup myself), but I really like the vox AD50VT. I heard this one kid playing with that setup on youtube and it was awesome.

Oh, and you stole my thread title.
Quote by dutch5367

I love laughing.

But yeah, 321 and 5150.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone