Ok, I've been arguing with myself for ages about which guitar I want (yes I know I need a new amp too) but I've narrowed it down to 2.

The ESP EC-1000
or
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser.

The features seem the same except for scale length, the tuners, the fact that the Schecter has 81/85 EMGS while the ESP has 81/60, and the Hellraiser is strung through the body.

Which would be better for metal? Honestly, they both seem built for it.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Last edited by MurderWorship at Nov 11, 2007,
Try them both out and see which one you prefer.

They'd both suit what you want to play.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Schecter Hellraiser.

Theyre absolutely awesome, and look the part too, what other specs are there? colour?
Quote by BuryMeInBliss
Schecter Hellraiser.

Theyre absolutely awesome, and look the part too, what other specs are there? colour?

For color, they both come in Cherry Black, which is what I would get on either.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
id go schecter ive never had a problem with a schecter, esp on the other hand i have had wiring problems pretty easy to fix but still a pain.
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
schecter hellraisers are really good for metal

the FR hellraiser is even better
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Buy a jackson if you want to get your money's worth.

DKMGT: Strung thru w/ emg 81/85's.

As for the tool who has a similiar name to mine, never buy a signature series guitar as obvious as one of the Avenged Sevenfold ones. Not only are you NOT Zachy or Syn, but you'd look like a tool playing them. And frankly, schecter guitars are pretty poorly made.
Jackson Rhoads V: The Hippie-Slayer
Quote by SynysterGates90
Buy a jackson if you want to get your money's worth.

DKMGT: Strung thru w/ emg 81/85's.

As for the tool who has a similiar name to mine, never buy a signature series guitar as obvious as one of the Avenged Sevenfold ones. Not only are you NOT Zachy or Syn, but you'd look like a tool playing them. And frankly, schecter guitars are pretty poorly made.

+1

You can get a DKMGT for cheap now a days as well. I found the quality of Schecter not anything to desire and the neck of the Jackson is superior (opinion).
the schecter is a great guitar, but i would go for the ec 1000 because it is a bit more high quality than the schecter and it plays amazing. but in the end its up to you so i would try both of them out.
I'm having trouble making the exact same decision. The Hellraiser Tempest is on my list too though.

I'm trying them out end of december, but right now I think the ESP is more bang for my buck. The neck is a bit thinner I believe.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by syngates07
try the zacky v signature model. its pretty badass.

It has 2 JBs. That's an automatic no.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I also support the idea of a Jackson DKMGT. It may not look flashy, but it's an excellently built guitar you'll have for a long time.
Schecter Blackjack C1 pwns ESP. Neck through body, Hardtail. You'll get awsome sustain. I just dropped sum EMG'z in my Blackjack and it takes big fat sh!t's on ESP's.
Quote by Artorious
Schecter Blackjack C1 pwns ESP. Neck through body, Hardtail. You'll get awsome sustain. I just dropped sum EMG'z in my Blackjack and it takes big fat sh!t's on ESP's.

It's not neck through body. I am willing to bet you've only played LTDs and not actual ESPs.
Um....Blackjack C1 is neck through body. And my buddy has a Axxion, and its a sic guitar but for the price ESP can suck my balls. Blackjack all day.
They're both going to be great guitars. Just go with the one you like to play best and which one sounds best to you....meaning try them both out.

IMO i'd go for the Hellraiser, i have one and its beautiful.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Artorious
Word jerm...and Neck through!!!!

It is not neck through, it's set neck ,there is a great difference.

http://www.music123.com/Schecter-C-1-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar-518480-i1170760.Music123

"Set-neck with ultra-access cutaway"

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-C-1-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0002D01UE

"CONSTRUCTION: Set Neck with Ultra Access"

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar?sku=518480

"Set-neck with ultra-access cutaway"

Case closed.
There is a improved tone and sustain (due to deep insertion and body made of single piece of wood, not laminated as in neck-through),
"warmer" tone (due to set joint)
comfortable access to top frets (due to lack of hard heel and bolt plate),
better wood stability.
Difference but not that mutch they both serve the same purpose.
Ya its a set neck, not exactly a Neck-thru but still better than bolt-on IMO.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
It really just comes down to what preference you have. I would go with Schecter, though the EC-1000 is a really nice guitar. The string thru body doesnt really change anything, just makes the changing of the strings like a seconds longer to take. The only thing I have against the EC-1000 is that its heavier than the Schecter, and that after awhile you might get annoyed with the weight pulling down on your shoulder.

Good Luck!
The String thru body actually does help your sustain. The only time my guitar isnt perfectly in tune is when I change the strings =P
Quote by Epic_Name
81/60 combination is not that good imo. Go for the Schecter.

ur ans asshole. the 81/60 is the best combination. the 81 has the crunch and lead, while the 60 has the cleans and blues, with all the nice overdrive tone. compare the 81/85 to JB and Jazz, and the 81/60 to JB and 59, but emgs are better for metal
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by MurderWorship
Ok, I've been arguing with myself for ages about which guitar I want (yes I know I need a new amp too) but I've narrowed it down to 2.

The ESP EC-1000
or
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser.

The features seem the same except for scale length, the tuners, the fact that the Schecter has 81/85 EMGS while the ESP has 81/60, and the Hellraiser is strung through the body.

Which would be better for metal? Honestly, they both seem built for it.

You're looking at completely different guitars. If you want something similar to the Schecter, here's the appropriate ESP:

Pups are identical (regarding the Les Paul though, it really wouldn't matter for metal since most metal uses the bridge anyway...the 60 would just have warmer tones for the rare times you use the neck).

ESP: $599. Schecter: $649. Difference is flamed vs quilted tops (largely cosmetic), different bindings, maple (crisper sounds) vs mahogany necks (better low end), and Earvana nut (supposedly truer notes on the fretboard) vs graphite (guessing the material...it helps tuning stability). Anyway, they're both awesome, you should try them out, as their necks are quite different.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 12, 2007,
esp !
and for the guy dissing the 81/60 combo i'd like to hear some explinations.
Id say go for the EC, amazing guitar, its sitting in my lap right now =). And if you want better upper fret access, go for the H-1001 or MH-1000. Cheers!
I have played both and they are both great guitars. But if I had to choose I would take the hellraiser. There are really only 2 things I dont dig about the EC-1000.

1. The binding is abalone, and is just everywhere, kinda overkill/cheesy imo.

2. The bodys kinda thin and the necks heavy, so it kinda tilts forward when its sitting in your lap, kinda like a gibson sg. Its not really a bad thing at all, but its got a les paul body but it doesnt have that solid meaty feel that you would kinda expect, and that I happen to really like.

The hellraiser though, is almost perfect imo. Its got the abalone binding too(I think) but its a little less crazy, you could get the black hellraiser, which is just black and looks sick.

Plus the EC-1000 is 150$ more and doesnt really have any advantages imo. Id get the schecter.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
+1 to being in pretty much the same dilemma for 6 months. tho i've been stuck between an ec-500 and a hellraiser avenger (doesn't the C1 look too plain for anyone else??).
My thoughts are that the ec-1000 is a kick ass beast of a metal guitar and is the superior product. It is everything that it should be as a chunky metal riffing beast and its beautiful to boot. Schecters (especially hardtail ones) seem to be neither here nor there a bit in terms of metal aesthetics.

Disclaimer: I do not either enjoy or endorse ltd's godawful use of abalone on the 1000's. But its not so bad on the blue, green or red just stay the fcuk away from the gloss black one. Additionally, i'm thinking the only reason they put it on the 1000's was to give people a reason to buy the real ESP's. Cos as far as materials go you're almost getting the same thing for heaps less.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
It's not a matter of which one is better in this case. It's just preference, especially since ESP/LTD guitars and Schecters are often made in the fame factories.

I'd say that Schecter is probably a tad more to my liking at the moment, but if you want hardcore Floyd Rose action XXX, then ESP will do you better in the end.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.