Ok, i've been playing UT GOTY/99 lately online. When i first played the game online i played a map and one of the weapons was like a rocket launcher except you could fly on it and pick people up with it. I asked on chat but the guy said it was the redeemer. But you can't fly on that so it can't be that.

I think it was a custom map but i don't know.

Does anyone know what it is.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I used to be able to do it without a mod. Then again I never played online.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by Vermintide
It's a mod where you can ride the redeemer. Strangelove, I think it's called. Pretty fun.

Yep.

I love UT classic. In my opinion, it's still the best version. All this new **** ****ing sucks. They still can't capture the fast-paced awesomeness of the original.

I played mostly on modded servers. Strangelove was fun and a half.
Quote by Archaon
Yep.

I love UT classic. In my opinion, it's still the best version. All this new **** ****ing sucks. They still can't capture the fast-paced awesomeness of the original.

I played mostly on modded servers. Strangelove was fun and a half.

IMO, 2004 is the best. I loved 99, but nowadays it feels a little dated when I [play. I only really go back to it when I'm feeling nostalgic.

UT3 feels a lot more like UT99, but it doesn't quite capture its goodness. I'll still switch to it and eventually like it better, but UT2004 just has so many awesome mods and maps etc, I don't think any UT game in the future will have quite as good a community as 2004 did/has.
Yes, as mentioned above it is the Strangelove mod, which I haven't played.

UT:GOTY is a fantastic game. I still play it every day using my school's LAN system, mostly on CTF against other students. The Weaponlord mod is pretty cool, and works very well on larger ctf maps such as HallOfGiants.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.