i went to several guitar centers yesterday, looking for a steel acoustic

on one of them, i found a Groovin' GAS guitar, the first chord i played i fell in love with it, sounds GREAT, either acoustic or pluged in on my amp(wich is a behringer gm108 so...thats a big + for the guitar)

anyway, the fretboard wood seems weird.....un-woody i might say

anyone knows these guitars ? and is a low quality fretboard gonna give me problems in the future ?
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Ahhh, I found a few pages that talked about them, but they're in Portuguese. I'm guessing it's Brazilian-made(you probably saw that inside the soundhole). I couldn't find the exact model you have, but the ones that I did find said that the fretboard is most likely rosewood. Have you tried conditioning it by rubbing a little lemon oil on it?
Quote by teegee420
Ahhh, I found a few pages that talked about them, but they're in Portuguese. I'm guessing it's Brazilian-made(you probably saw that inside the soundhole). I couldn't find the exact model you have, but the ones that I did find said that the fretboard is most likely rosewood. Have you tried conditioning it by rubbing a little lemon oil on it?

yes its brazilian =D
the fretboard looks really really dry, at first i thought it was plywood with paper on top to look nice, but its not (thank god lol), its maple but its dark ¬¬
at lest its what the page says
here it is

http://www.equipo.com.br/produto.aspx?cdmodel=GAS%20252E&cdmarca=GROOVIN&estat=5 (specs - escala=fretboard, braço=neck)

dont know if i can rub anything liquid there lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---