So some of you may remembermy battle of the overdrives thread from a few days ago...well, I think I ruled out the Bad Monkey because it's too expensive(for a budget od), and I'm not too enthused with Digitech products.

So it's down to the FAB or the Ibanez TS-7, and I think I'm set on the TS-7. The price is great, the sound clips are pretty cool.

I just want to know, can it handle blues?? Also, any owners or users tell me any pros/cons??

Thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Bad Monkey, too expensive? It's very competetively priced. And good.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Both the FAB and the TS7 are pretty poor. I'd seriously advise you to rethink ruling out the Bad monkey, I have one and it's very good.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
From what I've gathered, the Bad Monkey is a very good (and good value for money), compared to FAB products at least (and, well, pretty much everything else). Don't know about the TS7, tho.
Sigh...really??

Okay then, thanks for the heads up...Bad Monkey...is it good? Does it handle blues?? Does it do that thing that my Screamin Blues used to, like sound really trebelly when turned on? A lot of Digitech pedals I've played haven't been up to par.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
My Bad Monkey isn't overly trebly. It does Blues upto maybe, RATM gain. You can make it Trebly if you want, mine's set up to sound FAT. IMO it's the best Digitech Pedal, besides the Whammy.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I don't want to spend over like Bad Monkey price, because I've already got an od. But it's set for classic rock od, so I wanted a budget pedal that could achieve blues tones.

100 bucks isn't a budget pedal, it's a full fledged pedal.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Sigh...really??

Okay then, thanks for the heads up...Bad Monkey...is it good? Does it handle blues?? Does it do that thing that my Screamin Blues used to, like sound really trebelly when turned on? A lot of Digitech pedals I've played haven't been up to par.

The BM is the only digitech pedal I've ever really liked, it seems to be a bit of a diamond in the rough, to quote Aladdin. It's got treble and bass knobs so you can dial out any of the harshness. I find it helps to set the bass higher than the treble to fatten out the sound and avoid any harshness. It works really well as a booster and also as a standalone OD. It doesn't kill the dynamics of your playing like some other cheap ODs (Boss SD1 for example), although it does take some of them away.

for £32 it's a no brainer, basically.

My Music
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I don't want to spend over like Bad Monkey price, because I've already got an od. But it's set for classic rock od, so I wanted a budget pedal that could achieve blues tones.

100 bucks isn't a budget pedal, it's a full fledged pedal.

100 bucks is most definitely budget, the term may be different to both of us. But 100 bucks can get you something alright, where as i would spend up t o175 to get something good, people spend upto 400 bucks for an OD, now thats full fledged.

I think your focusing too much on just having a large pedalboard, you should focus on a few very nice pedals, instead of all these 400 dollar pieces of shit (excluding the Bad Monkey)

Why not just get your BD-2 modded by Keeley and have it do whatver you need?

to be honest i'd hate to hear how much the tone has degraded from the Twin with all these pedals.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by MrCarrot
^^^ Where are you looking for these prices? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831

^^ I have mine at Bass 3 o'clock, Treble 12 o'clock, Gain max, level half at home, live setting is same but gain all the way down, drive all the way up.

Mine's set at:

Level: 2 o'clock
Bass: 2 o'clock
Treble: 11 o'clock
Gain: 0

Boost-tastic.

My Music
Quote by igotabcrich32
100 bucks is most definitely budget, the term may be different to both of us. But 100 bucks can get you something alright, where as i would spend up t o175 to get something good, people spend upto 400 bucks for an OD, now thats full fledged.

I think your focusing too much on just having a large pedalboard, you should focus on a few very nice pedals, instead of all these 400 dollar pieces of shit (excluding the Bad Monkey)

Why not just get your BD-2 modded by Keeley and have it do whatver you need?

to be honest i'd hate to hear how much the tone has degraded from the Twin with all these pedals.

100 bucks is not budget to me. I find it rediculous to spend anymore than 200 dollers on 1(one) pedal, regardless of how great it is. But alas, we've differing opinions.

I like having a large pedalboard-true-but that's not my objective. My mission is just to find good sounds that I can make. I love pretty much all of my pedals and use them all to max potential.

And lastly, everyone says that, but you'd be surprised how much tone HASN't been colored. I was expecting a lot of degradation myself, but it really isn't that bad. To the seasoned ear, you can hear minimal tone loss, but to someone who doesn't know tone, there is like no difference.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
tbh, i'd rather save up for a pedal i really really want and of which i know that gives me what i want than spend money on a "budget" thing im only gonna get because i dont really know why

in your specific case (now im assuming you dont gig regularly) id just find a classic rock setting and a blues setting on the blues driver and play like that as long as it takes for you to save up

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i own both a ts-7 and a bad monkey. the ts-7 is quite good. a hidden gem of sorts. very versatile with the "hot" switch. and it can be modded to sound pretty amazing.
Quote by TehJermie
i own both a ts-7 and a bad monkey. the ts-7 is quite good. a hidden gem of sorts. very versatile with the "hot" switch. and it can be modded to sound pretty amazing.

Ooh, both you say? Which do you like better???

I found the Bad Monkey for 40 bucks, so at the same price as the TS-7, it's just about quality.

Ad to the guy above the above-Nope, I don't gig regularly, but plan to within the next year, so I'm trying to finish up my rig. I don't really want to switch settings.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
i bought a TS-7 for my dad. It gets a great range from blues to classic rock to rock to grunge. Easily modded down the road, and i thought it sounded great
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Is it possible for you to go try them both at a guitar store or something?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Ooh, both you say? Which do you like better???

I found the Bad Monkey for 40 bucks, so at the same price as the TS-7, it's just about quality.

Ad to the guy above the above-Nope, I don't gig regularly, but plan to within the next year, so I'm trying to finish up my rig. I don't really want to switch settings.

for me, its pretty equal. they have kind of a different flavor. i have the hot switch engaged constantly, so the ts-7 provides a much more aggressive voicing(with hot switch) and more gain on tap. the bad monkey is smoother, and a bit more open sounding. i use it as a standalone drive, add some 'verb and echo.
used as a boost, oddly the bad monkey gives me more vocal pinch harmonics. the ts-7 has tons of personality though.
---

You guys are going to get a kick outta this...

I've decided not to get a new overdrive.

Thanks for everyone who helped, but I just took out my old Screamin' Blues dialed in a pretty nice tone, so I'm not going to be needing a new one. Cheers!
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?