Does anybody know where i can get one of these?
I know you can because its whats on Matt Belamy's guitars

I want it to be able to control a digitech whammy pedal,

Or is there any other way of doing this?

Thanks
doesnt matt have a KAOSS pad?
or is that the same thing? im not clued up on all these gadgets
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by Off-The-Heazay
doesnt matt have a KAOSS pad?
or is that the same thing? im not clued up on all these gadgets

Yes, he uses a KAOSS pad.
i think This
is the one he has, or something similar, not sure how difficult it would be to put that in your guitar though
thts what i always thought it was, but this pad on the guitar controlls that apperently.
The kaoss pad is what matt uses, and its not too hard to install it in your guitar(theres a guide on the net). Unfortunately, the main pad has to stay on the floor and only the interface is hacked into the guitar, so that means there will be several cables running down to the floor.

Maat actually doesn't use the pad in his guitar, he has a sepearte X-Y Midi controller that feeds the kaoss pad. Essentially the same thing, but it means he doesn't bust up the kaoss pad.

The other option is the kaoss pad mini. Its very tiny and cheap and you can just stick it on or bolt it to your guitar
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX

Maat actually doesn't use the pad in his guitar, he has a sepearte X-Y Midi controller that feeds the kaoss pad. Essentially the same thing, but it means he doesn't bust up the kaoss pad.

Which is what i want to control the whammy, because as it is MiDi i could do pretty much anything with it right?
Does anyone know where i can get one from or build?
i've tried google, but it just keeps bringing up the Korg thing, i only want the pad

Just incase people havn't got the foggiest what i'm going on about, its the thing at the bottom of this : http://www.musewiki.org/M1D1_Manson
Last edited by TomR at Nov 20, 2007,
I'm looking into the same thing. I've got hold of a company in the UK about XY midi controllers and about controlling the kaoss pad and stuff in general. if i get a reply I'll try to post any useful info on this thread.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
You can do it with only 2 cables, 1 for the X Y pad (which is what i believe the touch pad for the KP is called), then one for your guitar out, which you would need an adapter for to plug into the KP housing.
I'm pretty sure that Matt uses a midi strip off a keyboard to control the whammy, not the midi pad. Look at his Black Manson
http://www.musewiki.org/Black_Manson
EDIT: he does use an X Y pad to control the whammy as well on his other guitars
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 5, 2008,
Blimey this is an old thread aha.
Yea i've got it all figured out now, Build taking place as we speak
Quote by TomR
Blimey this is an old thread aha.
Yea i've got it all figured out now, Build taking place as we speak

so how you doing it? midi or just hooking it up like that pihl guy did?
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy
so how you doing it? midi or just hooking it up like that pihl guy did?

Answered on the Kaoss telecaster thread
if you could find a straight midi pad you could just mount that on your guitar. As far as I know the new whammy pedals now have a midi control input on the side.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"