Here's my dilema. I want xbox live BUT my 360 is on one floor while the modem is on another. So I was thinking since I have a wireless router (and ontop of all this, the place where i'm supposed to plugin the cable that goes from the 360 to the modem is taken up by the cable for the router) I can get a wireless adapter thing for the xbox instead. It's 100 USD and I wanted to make sure it was good before I end up wasting my money on something that doesn't pick up the router signal. So, does anyone know whether xbox live will still play as fast as usual with the wireless? Or if it will keep losing signal?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I have my laptop about as far away from my router as I can get in my hoouse and the signal is virtually the same as when I'm sitting nect to it, so it shouldn't make too much difference, depending on the size of your house of course.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Just get the Wireless adapter.

Its alot of money but you wont regret it.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
God damn it all to hell. I just went on bestbuy.com and looked up my own wireless router, which is some stupid Belkin N1. The first user comment I see about it says that it sucks with xbox 360 and I was about to go out and buy the wireless adapter in a couple hours. I'm still going to buy the wireless adapter to see if it really does work or not. Now, in the case that it doesn't work, I need to know what routers you guys use to play xbox live with. Any help would be great.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
yeah! I need some advice on what wireless adapter to get if I decided to get Xbox live ? Like what one to get?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i dont think the xbox adapter supports the N standard, or WPA 2 so i would just run a cable
Come on people, i'm going to have to go buy the damn thing in a few minutes. I need some suggestions for a router that would work well with the adapter!
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
any new router will work with it, but the xbox live adapter wont support WPA2 encryption or the new N standard, which means u have to downgrade ur wireless security to WPA just to accommodate that POS wireless adapter. get a Netgear DG834pn, i use it, its pretty good
I use a lynksis. but I don't use a wireless adapter. Too bad my damn NAT is strict.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.