Right, I have a PRS SE Singlecut which comes with 9 - 42 string gauge. I have changed strings on guitars before (therefore I know how to do it) and I have changed the strings on this particular guitar once, also to 9 - 42 strings. However after I want to try out the 10 - 46 strings; do I need to do anything before switching to this string gauge?

Michal
if it has a lockin trem, yes you'll need to chnage the spring tension, however if not, no you dont have to change anything
Quote by O-Clamp
if it has a lockin trem, yes you'll need to chnage the spring tension, however if not, no you dont have to change anything

Locking trem... trem as in tremolo arm? If yeah, then no I don't have one, which is good, if no then what is one?
Just put the new strings on, you shouldn't have any problems moving up a gauge. Come back and tell us if you have any problems.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
You would have to adjust the necks truss rod, to relieve tension.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan
You would have to adjust the necks truss rod, to relieve tension.

I don't think you would really have to, unless he's changing to .12s. or something really thick.
Yea, whenever I need to change my gauge is when I get my guitar reset-up about once a year to make sure everythings fine. I went from 12's to 11's because the shop didnt carry 12's
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
it wont hurt anything, both my lp and ibanez came with 10s and ive since moved to 11s with no problems
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣