Well, I'm looking for a noise gate to cancel out noise. ( ) At the moment i have about £40 to my name; so i doubt I'll get much at the moment. But i get paid on the 7th of December and I've decided I'm going to look into a noise gate.

The only ones i could think of are, the ISP Decimator (sp?) and the Boss NS-2. I can't get my hands on an ISP decimator very easily and I don't like the idea of buying a Boss pedal because i hate the way they drain my tone.

So, what other noise gate pedals are there and which is the best one? (not including the decimator and the NS-2)

Also, say if you think i should still look at the Boss NS-2 and give me some reasons why you think this.

Oh, and price budget: I don't know, depends how much i work really, i don't want to spend any more than £200 though. £200 is the absolute maximum.
ISP decimator. The pedal, but the rack version is even better if you have the money.

Don't get the NS-2. I got it, and it added more noise that it took away. That, or I had to turn it up so high my playing got a swelling effect. Just don't get it.
WTLTL 2011
ive heard the mxr is really good. mxr smart gate
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
ive heard the mxr is really good. mxr smart gate

thanks that's the one buy that.
Rocktron HUSH Super C
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
The ISP Decimator is, hands down, the best Noise Gate/Suppressor you can get for the money, doesn't suck tone like 99% of the other pedals in the range do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Oh, i forgot to say. I want it to be true bypass and It kinda needs to be available in England.

I'll read some reviews on the ones mentioned so far.

Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Oh, i forgot to say. I want it to be true bypass and It kinda needs to be available in England.

ISP Decimator ftw EASILY
http://www.highlystrung.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Other_pedals___processors_171.html
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Hmm if its hum your trying to get rid of, maybe buy better cables and such, even the best of cables will produce a little hum with overdrive, there is no way of getting rid of this problem without sacraficing somthign else, if you get a noise gate, it just cuts of the sound when it reaches a level, if you play with alot of feel and want to maybe play soft and qiet you wont be able too sometimes, it will cut it off, id rather put money into setting up my pedal board with better quality cables, and spending the time to find where most of this noise is coming from, other than that deal with it.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
Quote by ZacR
Hmm if its hum your trying to get rid of, maybe buy better cables and such, even the best of cables will produce a little hum with overdrive, there is no way of getting rid of this problem without sacraficing somthign else, if you get a noise gate, it just cuts of the sound when it reaches a level, if you play with alot of feel and want to maybe play soft and qiet you wont be able too sometimes, it will cut it off, id rather put money into setting up my pedal board with better quality cables, and spending the time to find where most of this noise is coming from, other than that deal with it.

The ISP Decimator is a noise suppressor I think, which means it removes noise, it's not a noise gate. Also, noise gates don't cut your sound too early if you set them up right (although if you have a LOT of hum they won't help too much).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
It's not hum I'm trying to get rid of. I already have fairly decent cables as I hate cheaper cables. I use Planet Waves cables...