So, I usually hate reunion shows, but Stiff Little Fingers is playing in Boston wednesday and they're playing the ENTIRETY of Inflammable Material, and I really wanna go see them. I'm a bit conflicted because it costs 16 bucks and I think shows should never cost that much. I was wondering if anyone's seen them reunited and if its worth it to go?
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
How much do you like them?

I know if Jawbreaker got back together, I'd pay $100 dollars for a ticket.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I mean, I just kinda like them but I really wanna see the entire album played live. Plus I downloaded it illegal so that'd be the price of buying the LP at the store. I was wondering if they're any good live though.
My uncle gets to see them every year and he says it's so great he keeps going back. You have to remember that it's the low value of the dollar that's forcing them to put price up that high. I think it's worth it because you won't be able to see '77 bands for much longer.
I saw 'em on the tour and seeing IF in it's entirety was awesome.
Go.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
I was going to go but unfortunatly i can't get a ride
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I think you should go.

SLF are putting a few quid in the bank, but you have to remember that they were broke for years, so they've paid their dues.
Hold on.

Did you say $16?

American dollars?

That's like, £8.

Dude.

I've payed £40 (~$80) for gigs before.
Quote by filthandfury
Hold on.

Did you say $16?

American dollars?

That's like, £8.

Dude.

I've payed £40 (~$80) for gigs before.

That's true.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I never thought of that. That's average price for ANY Uk gig, let alone a ****ing fantastic one.

Go see them. Go see them. Go see them.
Quote by European Son
I wish I lived in Boston.

no you don't. Massachusetts sucks, I'm moving back to Alabama first chance I get.
^I love Massachusetts
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Ever noticed how every single United State sounds dirty?

eg.
Massachusetts = Massive huge tits
Alabama = I'll-a bam her
New Hampshire = Nude Hampster?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I would DEFENTLY pay 16 dollars to see Stiff Little Fingers. i am paying 22 dollars to see Suicidal Tendencies in 9 days... and 25 dollars to see David Allen Coe... i don't give a **** if i spend money if i know it is going to be well worth it.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
I would DEFENTLY pay 16 dollars to see Stiff Little Fingers. i am paying 22 dollars to see Suicidal Tendencies in 9 days... and 25 dollars to see David Allen Coe... i don't give a **** if i spend money if i know it is going to be well worth it.

Seriously, that's just ****ed up.
Go see em, 10 years from now you'll be kicking yourself for missing out if you decide not to go.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I doubt in ten years you'll regret not seeing Stiff Little Fingers, in fact you might be upset at yourself for being exposed to the horrible vocals of jake burns for an hour or so.
But yeah, 16 dollars really isn't that bad. I paid 17 last year to see the original line up of the circle jerks. Opportunity costs.
peace & chemicals
I would rather hear Jake Burns' voice any day of the week, compared to keith maurice's.

And to be fair, the guy's irish, and he pulls it off very well.
Go! it's only a bit of money. Just sacrifice a few other luxury's to fund it.

Or is it the principal of paying that much money for a show that puts you off? Cos' tbh for such an established band reforming $16 ain't too bad.
Quote by whyvern
no you don't. Massachusetts sucks, I'm moving back to Alabama first chance I get.

Good for you.
that is nothing, i am paying like 60 to see them in chicago...but that is riot fest...but all the other bands suck and they are the reason i am going...the only reason...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
actually it is 45 bucks..but still...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
i'd pay 17 dollars to see the Circler Jerks, and I'd pay 16 dollars to see Stiff Little Fingers... Jake Burns has an awesomely raw irish voice that is just bad ass. and Keith Morris is just bad ass as well
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I ****ING LOVE THIS BAND!!! And this forum... because I didn't even know they were playing there until I read this post. Hell yes. BTW, did you know that Tripp (the bassist) from the Unseen works at Paradise? Go harass that grouchy old bastard, he'll secretly like it.

See you at the show, mother****ers.
I've seen them three times, fantastic band. You wont regret it.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
S.L.F are my favourite band. I've senn them loads and I was lucky enough to meet them after one of their shows. They play glasgow every year on st. patricks night and I've been for the past five years and also seen them a couple of other times. I would say go see them if you havn't already. they are great.

However the last time I saw them they were playing the whole of I.M, I was a bit dissapointed. I expected that show to be so amazing as I would get to hear songs such as white noise and state of emergency, which they hadn't played in previous shows. the dissapointment came from jake as his vocals were pretty dull and also he threatened to call off the show because one over excited fan threw an empty plastic pint cup on stage. he almost looked like he couldn't be arsed being there. maybe it was just an off night for the band.

they were great every other time I've been to see them.
I'd go see them for that much. When the Circle Jerks played here last time they opened for PENNYWISE, and it cost 25 bucks.

Reasons not to go to that show: Not headlining, $25, and the worst reason, Pennywise.

And adding on to the dirty state thing, Pennsylvania=penis vain-ia

and Virginia needs no explanation.
I've seen them five times now and they are a truly great band live. Anyway, i paid £16 to see them nevermind $16!
You'll pay money to see sh*te bands like Gogol Bordello and question whether to spend the money on a real punk band like SLF?!?

BTW, way to perpetuate the "cheap Jew" stereotype, whyvern.

You parents live in a f*cking mansion.
I think you can afford $16.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by Joe Publicity
he almost looked like he couldn't be arsed being there. maybe it was just an off night for the band.

The second time I saw them was a bit like that, they all looked really knackered, all bands have off nights though and the other two times I saw them were fantastic. Theyre easily my favourite band.

On topic, I just got an interview with Jake Burns thats goin up on my website when it goes live in a few days.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk