All Right So heres My question. I have a Ashdown Fallen Angel All Tube Guitar Amp.

When I Plug My Digitech distortion factory (Distortion pedal) into the effects loop, the sound is really quiet. almost un-hearable.

Is This what the effects loop was made for ? I think i may just be using it wrong.
its for modulation pedals, not distortion and such

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Distortion pedals are usually (well, always) run before the amp, not in the effects loop. You run stuff like phasers and flangers in the effects loop, I think. Also, are you just plugging the output of the pedal into the effects loop in or is it effects loop out -> pedal -> effects loop in?
i believe distortion pedals dont go into the effects loop jack, you have to put it from your guitar into the amp i believe?
Distortion effects belong between the guitar and amp.

Phasers, Flangers, Choruses, Delays etc go in the loop.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Correct way (well, you can use them in the effects loop if you want - whatever makes the sound you like) is this:

Guitar -> Distortion Factory -> Amp. You don't need to use the effects loop with distortions.

(just clearing up in case you didn't understand yet)
and to explain why distortion pedals don't go into effects loops is that it isn't a "effect" its moddifiying the sound before it goes into the amp, unlike say a flanger, which if you where to change, the rate, lets say. now if you where to still listen closely you could still hear the "natural" of what your guitar puts out, and would also hear the flang, thus can still put a flanger in effects loops
Thanks For The Help Guys.

Another Question, What Should My Amp Settings Be ?

I Mostly want it to take the sound of the pedal. But My amp Settings Interfere ?

I Probably just have to mess with it.
Quote by erik961
Thanks For The Help Guys.

Another Question, What Should My Amp Settings Be ?

I Mostly want it to take the sound of the pedal. But My amp Settings Interfere ?

I Probably just have to mess with it.

Set all your EQ (bass, mid, treble, presence etc) knobs to 5 or 10.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music