Page 1 of 2
I really like Buckethead's tone, especially on 'Jordan' and 'Baptism of Solitude'. See those quote things around the song titles? That means I'm serious, bitch.

I also like Michael Angelo's tone on 'No Boundaries'.
SRV tone.

[/thread]
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
John Frusciante's tone on the solo for "I Could Have Lied". David Gilmour's tone on everything. This threads been done to death by the way.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
mark knoflers clean that he uses on solos
ehh
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Nov 11, 2007,
zakk wyldes tone is pretty sick, i just dont like his playing style. i dont think he's that professional either. paul gilbert has some pretty sick ones, but his live tone is the best or when he was in reacer x
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Santana... eeehm... Bonamassa on Blues Deluxe... The guitarist of Marillion and... eeeh did I mention santana?
and Buckethead in his ballads
dimebag's tone, megadeth tone on RIP and peace sells, etc
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by CraigKing
Around 30 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uT8MUr7_4

Thats a lovely tone.

I have to admit, that is a nice tone. It sounds great when he plays it slow, but I starts to sound like noise when he plays it ultra fast.
Quote by Kartman
I have to admit, that is a nice tone. It sounds great when he plays it slow, but I starts to sound like noise when he plays it ultra fast.

Indeed.
SRV's tone for sure. i like eric johnsons tone as well. i figured someone would have said his name by now. i also like claptons bluesbreakers tone and his strat tone can be pretty awesome too. hes always changing his sound though on different songs and tours. i also like monte montgomery's overdriven acoustic tone. oh and i almost forgot slash's tone.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Nov 11, 2007,
Clapton.

I respect more tones than I hate on...if that made any sense.

I really like Vai, Paul Gilbert, Slash, Richie Blackmore, David Gilmore, Eric Johnson, etc.

A lot!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by JvL
Santana... eeehm... Bonamassa on Blues Deluxe... The guitarist of Marillion and... eeeh did I mention santana?
and Buckethead in his ballads

Ah yes, Joe is one of the underrated greats of guitar. Kudos to you
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Oh, and Wes Montgomery has the most amazing Jazz tone I've ever heard. That tone is mellow.
Way to counter my thread. I really like Slash's tone, and for cleans, Hendrix's tone on Angel.

But the best distortion tone ever is Randy Rhoads's tone on the tribute album.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
John Frusciantes heavy distortion solo sound like on Dani California or even better that solo on strip my mind.
Slash's solo tone especially on Dont Cry.
As a genereal tone - hendrix when he played live - songs like hey joe with some OD on the neck pickup - perfect
For cleans it Frusciante again for that nice edge to the clean - especially on cant stop
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
My three favorite overall guitarist tones would be Brian May's, Jack White's, and The Edge's tones. I like Angus Young's tone also.
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
For gain, Steve Vai or Dave Mustaine. For clean, BSSM John Frusciante or the clean ballady part in Master of Puppets.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Wait, how about Tom Morello? He's got the best distorted tone hands down in my opinion.
John Petrucci
Frederick Thordendal
Adam Jones
James Hetfield
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ i have to agree , tom morello knows how to use all his gear to their capicity... santana is another favorite, muse occasionally, froosh, and the ska tone in general (op ivy, streetlight etc)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by InVaZi0n
i think Dimebag's tone was legendary.

Yet one may think the opposite... The solo on CBFH is good but the tone is shittily bad...
Alexi Laiho (before his gear got stolen). His tone now with his new setup is pretty standard.

Michael Romeo

Luca Turilli

EVH
Cacophony's LEAD tone is pretty top notch.

For rhythm, Megadeth RIP tone is god like.
Clapton on:
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
"Beano" Album
Modern Cream Concerts

Stevie Ray Vaughan in Couldn't Stand The Weather

David Gilmour in On An Island
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Shawn lane ....
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Paul Gilbert is great. I like SRV but I've been watching GnR DVD's and slash takes the cake.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Page 1 of 2