anyone know any good stats for people who have stopped smoking? and yes i have tried google etc.
People who quit smoking for 15 years lung's repair themselves and are just about as good as someones lungs who hasn't smoked.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Obviously you have not tried with Google enough. UG won't have your smoking answers.

And what do you think the stats are gonna say? "If you stop smoking, it'll actually make you worse"? Use your brain, here.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by nosushi4you
People who quit smoking for 15 years lung's repair themselves and are just about as good as someones lungs who hasn't smoked.

Lol... no they don't.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
i went to this no smoking group and they gave me this stress ball that i squeezed, it didn't help though lol
weed is yummy in my tummy
its a scientificul fact
full of truthiness
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
Quote by nosushi4you

Except they don't.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Except they don't.

Except they do. How would you know? Lungs start to repair themselves almost instantly.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

I you smoke 20 cigs a day for 25 years you smoke over 180000 cigs. Couldn't even fit that into my bedroom lol
Quote by redwing_suck
Obviously you have not tried with Google enough. UG won't have your smoking answers.

And what do you think the stats are gonna say? "If you stop smoking, it'll actually make you worse"? Use your brain, here.

i meant to links to site perhaps? not pit monkey opinions.
Quote by tunnock
I you smoke 20 cigs a day for 25 years you smoke over 180000 cigs. Couldn't even fit that into my bedroom lol

20 cigs a day is a teensy bit over average
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by nosushi4you
Except they do. How would you know? Lungs start to repair themselves almost instantly.

more to the point, how would You know? Lungs aren't just going to flush themselves out, tar is too sticky to be taken away by mucus. Plus its not only your lungs that are affected you can also get throat and lip cancer from smoking, and they don't repair as easily either.
were not all like wolverine...
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by nosushi4you

False, they do heal, but not as much as it would be for someone who hasn't smoked.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Quote by nosushi4you

hahahahaha. wow, good one.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by nosushi4you

How would I know? Well, mostly because I am well read and not a complete idiot. Lungs do not simply just 'clean up' like that. The damage that smoking does to your lungs stays with you to the grave, more or less. There is some minor healing, given, but absolutely negligible.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by rorythefaggot
How would I know? Well, mostly because I am well read and not a complete idiot. Lungs do not simply just 'clean up' like that. The damage that smoking does to your lungs stays with you to the grave, more or less. There is some minor healing, given, but absolutely negligible.

Well I know it's gonna sound lame, but Health Class. I'm not saying I'm not wrong. Hell, it wouldn't be the first time my Health teacher has lied
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Last edited by nosushi4you at Nov 11, 2007,
not only do lungs repair themselves, every single tissue and organ in your body repairs themselves - thats the whole point of cells being the smallest life structure

your whole body repairs itself about once every 20 years or so - thats why when your around 20 years old your in your prime.

oh, and about smoking - just never start? or use snus which is supposedly the safest tobacco product around (i enjoy nicotine myself, i just like to use it safely)
I replaced cigarettes with chewing tobacco and the occasional pipe (tobacco). It has been two months since I last smoked anything (pipe included) and I feel a lot better. I can breathe!

I still chew regularly, though.
Chewing tobacco is even more carcinogenic than cigarettes.

Good one, sport.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

^^Agreed.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by MedicreDemon
20 cigs a day is a teensy bit over average

20 cigs is a pack a day. i know a lot of people who smoke a pack a day. not generally my age. but one guy smoked 5 packs a day (i needed to have them restate that because i thought it was impossible to smoke 100 cigarettes in a day). then he quit like 20 years ago. still healthy.
#DTWD
Quote by rorythefaggot

this is apparently from the surgeon general:

"How Quickly Do the Benefits of Quitting Start?"

* "Just 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your blood pressure and
pulse rate drop to normal and the body temperature of your hands and
feet increases to normal."

* "A mere 8 hours after your last smoke, the carbon monoxide level
decreases and the oxygen level in your blood increases to normal."

* "Just 24 hours after your last cigarette, you substantially lessen
your chances of having a heart attack."

* "Two days after your last cigarette, you will notice that your
ability to taste and smell is enhanced."

* "Three days later, your breathing should be noticeably better
because your lung capacity will be greater."

* "Your circulation will improve and your lung functioning will
increase up to 30% within two weeks to three months after quitting."

* "Between one month and nine months, the cilia in your lungs will
regenerate, allowing your body to clean your lungs and reduce
infection."

* "One year after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease is
half that of a smoker."

* "Five years after quitting, your risk of stroke is reduced to that
of a nonsmoker."

* "Ten years after quitting, the lung cancer death rate is about half
that of a continuing smokers. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat,
esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases."

* "Fifteen years after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease
is that of a nonsmokers.

the one in bold is the only thing i've never heard before. i'm pretty certain cilia don't grow back, but i'm not a scientist.

the italicized part is probably what you're thinking of.
#DTWD
The NUMBER ONE reason to quit smoking:

When you're standing outside at your workplace,

in the cold mist,

uncomfortable, but still enjoying this quick break,

and a slight dose of nicotine,

and the meddling asshole comes up to you,

bitching about how he or she has to put up with,

being subjected with your smoke,

as they approach the entrance to the building,

when the wind is CLEARLY blowing the smoke,

in the opposite direction,

not killing the bastard,

and going to prison,

would be the most priceless reason,

to quit smoking.

Then again,

there are always,

less traceable means,

to achieve

a desired outcome.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.