It's not just 1 pedal, it's 5 pedals. And rule of thumb: If a pedal costs less than 50 dollars, it won't be very good (ok, the Bad Monkey is pretty good and there are some others but still).

Ok, so. What is your budget, what is your amp and what kind of a tone are you after?
I'm not an expert on pedals myself, but looks to me that if you want to spend 140$ on a couple of seperate pedals (that look pretty basic to me), you would be better off with laying down 30$ more on a multieffects pedal.

I have the Korg X1500G myself, and am absolutely found of it. I bet it could make all the sounds of the pedals you want to buy, and way more.

Wether you would want a Korg, Boss, or Digitech depends on your personal flavour. I suggest you go to your local guitarshop and ask to try out some of the pedals.

//edit: @st.jimmy4091680
What kind of no use comment is that? Try to build up some arguments on why you think it is what you think. The way you said it makes you sound like a 12 year old who just wants to talk bad about anything because its "cool".
Last edited by skralan at Nov 11, 2007,
Do you need anything else than a distortion? If not, the metal muff might be an option.

However, if you do want some effects, a multieffectspedal is probably the answer. I suggest you try all the different options before you buy one. Be wary tho, a MFX pedal won't have amazing distortion.
Quote by skralan
I'm not an expert on pedals myself, but looks to me that if you want to spend 140$ on a couple of seperate pedals (that look pretty basic to me), you would be better off with laying down 30$ more on a multieffects pedal.

I have the Korg X1500G myself, and am absolutely found of it. I bet it could make all the sounds of the pedals you want to buy, and way more.

Wether you would want a Korg, Boss, or Digitech depends on your personal flavour. I suggest you go to your local guitarshop and ask to try out some of the pedals.

//edit: @st.jimmy4091680
What kind of no use comment is that? Try to build up some arguments on why you think it is what you think. The way you said it makes you sound like a 12 year old who just wants to talk bad about anything because its "cool".

Umm becuase the Metal Muff is a good pedal and those look like toys......
so yeahh. multieffect pedals?

just ask around local guitar stores?

is there anything i should be asking for that is most suitable for those genres i listed above?
w00t.