I've heard the site referenced around here and I noticed that they have some great prices. What I wanted to know is how is the quality. I probably wouldn't mind it for anything other than pickups, but what kind of quality should I expect?
I second the question....

I am wondering about the quality of a wired pickguard from them, such as this one

http://store.guitarfetish.com/hueqhssprasp.html

Its only like 40 bucks, but is it worth it? I plan on gutting my squier and putting one of these in, so my backup has some decent electronics in it.
The $40 cheap wired pickguards are pretty much the blowout pickups already wired into a pickguard. Not the greatest pups, but they aren't horribly bad, and I couldn't tell ya about the wiring... But they are production line assembled, so there are bound to be bad ones.

As far as their individual component quality, and their own pickup quality... Definitely top of the line in their price range. Are they going to sound like Duncan pups, or Dimarzio pups? No, but for 1/2-1/3 of the price, how could you expect that? They do sound very very good though.
^ good to know. I am sure they arent gonna compete with anything top of the line, but for the price good to know that it will be worth it.

Man its like 1/5 the price of dimarzios/similar, or even less, considering it has all the pots on it already. I'm sold
sorry in advance kirschman13 to hi-jack your topic but i too have a question about guitar fetish. the super strat pickguard has caught my attention recently, i do have one question though. id like to fit LED's above the flick switches (see picture) that illuminate once the switches are on.

(Invalid img)
although many will disagree with me on this, the quality of guitar fetish's chrome bridges is sub par. I've order quite a few parts from them and nothing has really been defective minus one tuner which didn't have a hole drilled all the way though. but that wasn't such a big deal. overall the quality of the parts is pretty good, but not quite as good as gotoh/schaller/grover or any of those. also another thing i noticed is their black bridges aren't too hot either. When build a guitar i generally buy gotoh tuners, gotoh bridge, and GF hardware to keep the cost down.
Quote by carousel182
a overall the quality of the parts is pretty good, but not quite as good as gotoh/schaller/grover or any of those. also another thing i noticed is their black bridges aren't too hot either.

Dude... my schaller m6 locking tuners cost 90 bucks... That's like comparing a porsche to a hyundai.....
^^^ meh... you'll probably want to upgrade that crap later anyways. Save your pennies and buy some duncans. (or whatever you want)
i bought the s/s/s wired pickguard...i cant tell you how the pickups that came in it sounded as i switched them out for a set of their 1960's repro pickups...the pu set is awesome for the price and the wiring on the pickguard is very clean and neat. i would highly recommend to you if you're looking for a cheap pretty nice build.

edit: check my sig if you want to see the pickguard i think i have a picture of the insides
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
Quote by ErosThanatos
Dude... my schaller m6 locking tuners cost 90 bucks... That's like comparing a porsche to a hyundai.....

gotoh tuners are much nicer than the GF tuners and the price difference is like 15 bucks
Quote by TreeOfHalfLife
i bought the s/s/s wired pickguard...i cant tell you how the pickups that came in it sounded as i switched them out for a set of their 1960's repro pickups...the pu set is awesome for the price and the wiring on the pickguard is very clean and neat. i would highly recommend to you if you're looking for a cheap pretty nice build.

edit: check my sig if you want to see the pickguard i think i have a picture of the insides

That's just what I was about to bring up...buying the wired pickguard and swapping the pickups for some high quality parts.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by carousel182
gotoh tuners are much nicer than the GF tuners and the price difference is like 15 bucks

locking or regular tuners?
The pickups aren't bad... i got the tortoise shell pickguard, the only thing is they have a lot of buzz except for positions 2 and 4. The pickups sound very hot as well, they have a lot of treble so i have to put the tone down a bit. Overall i think, from trying other 'vintage' pickups that these are fairly good... but i want 57/62's in my strat... soon
You might want to consider looking on ebay for some loaded mighty mite pickguards, about the same price, and they have good reviews.
Quote by ErosThanatos
locking or regular tuners?

Regular, the Wilkinsons aren't really locking tuners either.
their preamp units grades are F- just so you know.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Ive not used their hardware or anything like that but i can vouch for their GFS pickups, great pickups at an unbeatable price, loaded 2 of my sg's with their pickups (only own 1 now) but i wouldnt have changed the pups even if i had the chance.