Hey all, im kinda getting real piss'd with my valveking atm.. the distortion is okay, its the clean channel.. its PAINFULLY AWFUL!! I dont know if you guys know what I mean when I say "BOOMY" but the thing is so "BOOMY" its a bloody joke!! I have to play a few clean songs live and the second I start strumming the thing's HORRID!! I really wasnt enjoying myself last night out playing live because of it!!

So just to get few opinions on amps to replace it with.. NOT TOO EXPENSIVE!

I pay rock and "shred" and a bit of metal and clean ballad style songs y'know..

NO BOOMY CLEANS!!! lol

cheers, chris.
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Well... if ur comparing the amp that you hate to a new amp.
Get the laney I guess.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
if you say get "my" amp - please someone buy MY Silver Jubilee, its not being used!!!
I'd buy your laney if I had the money.

Why are you selling it?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
hey guys common! so the laney is looking ike it has more fans so far..
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Quote by synth002
hey guys common! so the laney is looking ike it has more fans so far..

Of course it does, quite apart from the fact that laneys are the "in" amps on here at the moment, the GH50 is by far the better amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
you could always try and EQ it better, bring your presence down. also you could get a compression or EQ pedal which would mold it however you wanted.

I don't have any problems with the clean channel on my VK. in fact, I think it's one of the better features of it.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by timi_hendrix
Of course it does, quite apart from the fact that laneys are the "in" amps on here at the moment, the GH50 is by far the better amp.

Cool, I think I may give it a try seeing as they're pretty damn cheap. So the Laney's dont suffer from a BOOMY clean channel?
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
you could always try and EQ it better, bring your presence down. also you could get a compression or EQ pedal which would mold it however you wanted.

I don't have any problems with the clean channel on my VK. in fact, I think it's one of the better features of it.

Well I have tried EQ'ing it better but its just boomy always.. Id rather not have to have too many more pedals.. I can afford to keep my valveking and buy a new one then later on once Ive given the new amp a good go I cud sell the lesser one..
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by synth002
Cool, I think I may give it a try seeing as they're pretty damn cheap. So the Laney's dont suffer from a BOOMY clean channel?

Well, the laney doesn't have a clean channel as such, it's single channel.

If you want a dual channel amp look into a used VC50 from ebay, I have one and it's great.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The Laney kicks arse

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader

seconded. maybe he just doesnt know how to EQ.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.