I've been looking at amps this weekend and i noticed in some amps such as the peavey xxl it says that one of the channels has an active eq, i know the difference between active and passive, im just wondering if any of you know what difference it would make in an amp eq.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by TSaxnBassist
You know I've always wondered this too. Answer anyone?

Me too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I thought active meant it could boost those frequencies, and if the knobs are in the middle it will just be how it naturally is or something. And with passive eq's like on most amps, if the knob is at 10 that is the full amount of that frequency with no boost and you can then cut some of that frequency away if you want. Not sure..
Passive usually means it will cut the signal only. If its at 10 its full strength as you turn it down it sends it to ground. With active it will boost the signal. Theres usually a center position then it will boost or cut depending on which way you turn the knob. And there interactive which is as one goes up another goes down. Like if you turn bass up the treble will come down.
ok i get it now, thanks for tha help
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.