To be quite honest, i can't tell the difference in sound quality between guitars that are above $600. Yea mean i can notice a difference between which ones are humbuckers and which are single coils. but i mean, when comparing a $600 strat to an american, i can notice only a very minute difference in the sound.

does anybody else see this too? or am i just tone deaf? i mean im almost thinking about saving me $300-400, and just get like a deluxe players. or maybe even a variax *gasp*
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
How long have you been playing? Ive been playing for less than a year and i already can feel the diference
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

^great point! you probably feel more of a difference than anything. plus what amp you're playing them on makes a difference. or you could just be tone deaf. consider the possibilities my friend.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by Popsai
How long have you been playing? Ive been playing for less than a year and i already can feel the diference

a year nex t month, umm feel the difference? like in the build. o yea i can feel that, but the actuall tonal difference? yea its there but what im rly kinda asking is that minute tonal difference worth $300-400
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
^great point! you probably feel more of a difference than anything. plus what amp you're playing them on makes a difference. or you could just be tone deaf. consider the possibilities my friend.

lol yea thats true, i was playing thru a spider, i forgot about that. granted, i love spiders for what they can do, but the true tone differences would come thru a tube wouldnt they?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
And some SS. Spider is a modeling amp, and it covers up the tonal quality of the guitar too much.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

yea modeling amps hide the tone of the guitar. My squier sounds the same as my friends Les Paul studio (Gibson) through the spider