apmaman
pure mento basturt
1,058 IQ
Hey folks. My epiphone LP wont stay in tune and I suspect its the tuners. I've had it in a shop to replace a nut and it didnt do anything.

What are the best locking tuners I can get that will fit my epiphone? or will it matter what brand?
It currently has Grover kidney bean ones installed.

Thanks chaps/chapesses

PSN ID: ArranP
hendriko
Purple is a Fruit
1,526 IQ
get grover loking tuners...the ones that look just like the ones you have now

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Axecutioner
111 IQ
Thats weird that they go out of tune so fast. I have standard grovers on some LP copies and they stay in tune pretty well. But yeah I would just go look for a set of 3x3 locking Grovers, then you shouldn't have any problems swapping them out.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
My Epi's stock tuners are pretty damn good. second best tuners I've ever had (I have sperzel's on my jag)

That said, they are Grovers.

Do not all epi's come with grovers?
RadioMuse
Tab Contributor
264 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
My Epi's stock tuners are pretty damn good. second best tuners I've ever had (I have sperzel's on my jag)

That said, they are Grovers.

Do not all epi's come with grovers?

Not all epi's have grovers. I think they used to back with Samick was contracted to make all the Epiphones (now they just make the Epi acoustics and basses) but on all but the higher end or "custom" models they usually have some off-brand look-alikes that aren't much good for anything.
BlackBeautyBoy
Les Paul Lover
166 IQ
My Epi les has grovers and there awsome, but my sg junior doesnt, they need replacing.
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*
apmaman
pure mento basturt
1,058 IQ
Cheers people. Ill look for some locking grovers and while im at it ill get a completely new nut too.

Are tuners easy to replace? or is it a delicate operation

apmaman
pure mento basturt
1,058 IQ
well got myself some schaller locking tuners. My first time in a GC and it was great, guys in there are really helpful and I would go back there if it wasnt for the fact that I live in Scotland and not pensacola =p

ML_Guitar09
UG's Lacrosse Guy
802 IQ
Quote by apmaman
well got myself some schaller locking tuners. My first time in a GC and it was great, guys in there are really helpful and I would go back there if it wasnt for the fact that I live in Scotland and not pensacola =p

It's pretty easy, I don't have any experiance with Grovers, but at the most you may need to drill a couple holes. AT the least you just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new.

Edit: quoted wrong post. Did you install the schallers yet? I have some on my strat and they work like a charm.

apmaman
pure mento basturt
1,058 IQ
Quote by ML_Guitar09
It's pretty easy, I don't have any experiance with Grovers, but at the most you may need to drill a couple holes. AT the least you just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new.

Edit: quoted wrong post. Did you install the schallers yet? I have some on my strat and they work like a charm.

nah not yet, my guitars in my house... which is in Scotland and im here in the states. I'll repost in here when they get installed.

lordraptor1
UnBanned
25 IQ
Quote by apmaman
nah not yet, my guitars in my house... which is in Scotland and im here in the states. I'll repost in here when they get installed.

guess the op never got back home to scotlend seeing as it is now 2015 with no update or pics in this thread
Rickholly74
1,258 IQ
I have four Epi Les Paul's and they all came with Grover's. My LP Standard, LP Custom (Korean), and LP Ultra II all have standard Grover's and the Les Paul Tribute Plus has Grover locking tuners. I have no issue with any of them and I bend quite a lot. I think there may be a problem with the way the strings were put on to begin with. I know personally it took me many years and trying a lot of different techniques to hit on a good one that works great. (Found on YouTube. Look for the "three finger" method.)
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Feb 4, 2015,
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by lordraptor1
guess the op never got back home to scotlend seeing as it is now 2015 with no update or pics in this thread

This thread was worth bumping just to make that comment? -_-
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care