I just started using .13's on my acoustic, and I seriously believe they're getting the best of me. I can't bend up a whole step anywhere on the G String. Is it physically possible to do this? What acoustic players can bend up a whole tone on .13s?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
steveie ray vaughan. he used 13's. my suggestion: tough it out, don't be a pussy, then switch to .12's or .11's and you will be amazed how strong your fingers are. I did that, and i love it. keep switching back and forth too
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
srv used .16s for most off his career.
but he also tuned to eb reducing tension, and used an electric. the acoustic strings are generally harder to bend due to increased length past the nut.

I prefer heavies since you don't **** up your tuning or intonation on chords, accidental bends are bad. I do not play nylon strings for this reason, I go to make a chord and the strings bend too easily.
use 13s and be proud. just bend less often, and concentrate on technique.

edit: you could try to bend with an extra finger on the same string...
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Last edited by rhakiath at Nov 12, 2007,
i use .13's and hence my body looks like a greek god. no but seriously its great for building finger strength. and definitely use 2 fingers on same string to help bend.
but isn't bending a technique though??? i read someone saying bend less and concentrate on technique...

it's my most overused technique in guitar playing too hahaha. but i use .10s for both my electric and acoustic.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
but isn't bending a technique though??? i read someone saying bend less and concentrate on technique...

it's my most overused technique in guitar playing too hahaha. but i use .10s for both my electric and acoustic.

.10's on acoustic, that's light.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I use .13s on my Takamine. Bending is difficult, but, since I've been using them for about 6 months, I think I can get a whole tone on G. Just keep working, and, when necessary, use a second finger. The tone is so nice, isn't it? Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
flatwound 13s on me archtop. I can bend a full step, and not much more; I'm happy with it.