4 7%
American Fender HSS Strat
26 44%
ESP Les Paul + other gear I can buy
20 34%
Deluxe Player's Powerhouse strat + other gear I can buy
9 15%
Voters: 59.
Ok i have $1200 max to spend, if i can keep it less that would be cool, but in the case fo an american fender, i cant rly do that lol (its a special edition) EDIT

anyways, im goin to college next year, and i want to get some new gear for Christmas. ive been thinking about either a line 6 variax 600 + workbench, an american fender, an ESP les paul, or a Fender Deluxe player's powerhouse strat.

but im also open to suggestions, i play anything rly, but mostly moderately heavy rock, alt, blues and sometimes i put some twang into it. so i rly want something versatile, what do yall think? spend all of my money and get one rly nice guitar that does a lot? spend most of it adn get a decently nice guitar that does everything? or spend less and get the other two guitars?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Nov 11, 2007,
the deluxe players power house is an awesome strat, and it saves some money... the american hss however should not be 1200
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
the deluxe players power house is an awesome strat, and it saves some money... the american hss however should not be 1200

well i take that back actually its that ebcause its a special one, it has the S-1 iin it...but its not a deluxe...which confuses me
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^ did you look it up on musiciansfriend? they might have it for cheaper... just a thought
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by latinosuperstud
^ did you look it up on musiciansfriend? they might have it for cheaper... just a thought

oh yea i kno, ther is a guitar center only an hour away, its just that i rly like the store in town, so im willing to spend a little more, they only add $50 to their americans so its kinda like if i had it shipped
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^show them the price and theyll knock off the extra fifty (and try to see if you can get some free stuff too)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

how do u bargain w/ guitar center and get free stuff? sum1 should write a tut on that :/
Dude, get a Jackson SL2HT. You can find them for 1200 used on eBay periodically and they are one of the best guitars out there. You could then slap a push-pull volume pot in there to add coil-split sounds.
Amp
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Grimpenguin
how do u bargain w/ guitar center and get free stuff? sum1 should write a tut on that :/

It's not that hard and depending on the salesman they'll even reduce the price on a guitar you have clearly stated you don't want, which happened to me.

I was trying a Jackson RR and the salesman didn't get why I didn't want it, eventhough he reduced the price by a couple of hundred, without asking me whether I liked it or not...

Bargaining at GC isn't too hard, but I'll give you a few basic tips:

-always have a price in your head, it can be quite a lot lower than the price on the tag, just keep it within reason. When saying a 2000 guitar is nice, but you'll only pay 800 for it, they're not going to take you seriously.

-when asking for a discount, or suggesting the afore mentioned price, they will most likely tell you that it is already at the lowest possible price. Respond to this by giving a slightly higher price, but that you also want something like a bunch of strings, a hardcase etc.

-even if they repond that it is absolutely impossible to lower the price and you know you're pushing your luck, keep asking for free accessories.

-keep it reasonable.

-If you're extremely confident, walk away. Chances are great that if the price or offer you suggested isn't ridiculous the salesman will call you before you leave the door. You might want to leave your phone number in case they change their minds. This can be risky though, because as soon as you come back later, or if you turn back just before exiting, they now they've got you.

-make some conversation with them before going into the negotiations or even before you try the guitar. This establishes a connection.

-Another trick which occasionally works is to simply pull out the cash or your credit card, even if they were unwilling to match your offer before, staring at a pile of bills or a nice Mastercard might change their mind.

-make sure you're in charge of the negotiations, not them. If you can, have them suggest a price, this tilts the situation in your favour.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 11, 2007,
Dean Razorback
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
Dean Razorback

Those, like most Deans, are pretty overpriced for what they offer and regardless of their quality they do have a certain image as being a guitar for Dimebag fanboys.

Also, it's a pretty different guitar to the others the TS suggested.

And finally when someone says: "moderately heavy rock, some twang and great versatility" the Razorback isn't the guitar that comes to mind.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 11, 2007,
pinky, razorbacks are poo. shut up you super n00b. the deluxe powerhouses are very nice. i dont like ssh guitars that much. hs are okay, but for some reason, i think a single coil sounds better in the bridge AND the neck, but a humbucker would me nice in the middle
Quote by ballroomofmars
pinky, razorbacks are poo. shut up you super n00b. the deluxe powerhouses are very nice. i dont like ssh guitars that much. hs are okay, but for some reason, i think a single coil sounds better in the bridge AND the neck, but a humbucker would me nice in the middle

....?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by seizetheday1103

this one or the $600 model
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if u get the 600$ one, u could get alot of effects, a multipedal, or sumthing cool liek that
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
The Strat and LP are your best bets because of versatility. Being the Stratocaster fan-boy I am I'd get the Strat.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I notice no one has picked the variax, why?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The other guitars are just a lot more known and used. The Variax is a great guitar. I'd buy it...
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by ballroomofmars

Razorbacks actualy quite a good guitar, although i agree that it mite be overpriced a bit, but the tone is nice and great for metal.. Also the neck is very comfortable, but not everyone likes the neck, from memory v-neck ? cant remember but anyway if your'e looking for versatilty dont buy a razorback...Its not really that versatile plus it would be a bitch to set-up the floyd everytime you change tuning for various kinds of music..
In terms of versatility i would recomend the strat or maybe a PRS SE(cant remember how much it is but should be around that price)