I'm mostly an electric guitar player, but I need something I can move around easier that doesn't need attachments (amp, pedals, outlets) to work. Can anyone recommend me a decent acoustic guitar for under 200 dollars? I'm not expecting a Martin D-28, but I don't want a piece of junk either. I was thinking of getting the Washburn D100DL:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D100DL-Acoustic-Guitar-with-Gig-Bag?sku=513382

What do you guys think? If not this, what?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I dunno if they're sold nationwide or if it's just particular dealers, but Indiana has a line of guitars called the "Nappanee" that really reminds me of an Ibanez acoustic. My old guitar teacher gave me one of them for Christmas last year and it's quite nice.
R.I.P. Turner Blaine
That Yamaha would be a good buy.

I know that it is discontinued but I found this on MF for $99.99:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WD20SA-Ash-Deluxe-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516898

I don't know when you want to get a new guitar but check that site out to see if they have deals like that. CL or this site has a gear department if you wouldn't mind used.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19
Last edited by escobar71 at Nov 12, 2007,
Quote by brokenanthem
I dunno if they're sold nationwide or if it's just particular dealers, but Indiana has a line of guitars called the "Nappanee" that really reminds me of an Ibanez acoustic. My old guitar teacher gave me one of them for Christmas last year and it's quite nice.

My local shop had a mess of Indiana Guitars. The only ones I played were the scouts. I guess the Nappanee is a higher quality model? The Scouts were decent (only 100 bucks for one!) but I did find a little buzz on one of them.

I'll go by there and see if they have the Nappanee.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
get the alverez rd8 or the rd20 they're both pretty awesome. the one i got came with some nice strings and made it sound pro.

i'd definetly reccomend it for you.

edit: it's like 20 dollars more or something like that then 200, but it's worth saving a day longer and throwing in the additional 20.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Last edited by AccidentsHappen at Nov 12, 2007,
I could be wrong but I don't think there is such a thing as a good guitar under $200. Kind of like the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.
i would suggest a Mitchell

its a guitar center brand
those guitars sound amazing
comparable to guitars 400 dollars more in my opinion
try them out
Quote by Guitar Hack
I could be wrong but I don't think there is such a thing as a good guitar under $200. Kind of like the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

Have you ever played the Yamaha FG700S?

Its not a Martin or a Taylor, but for someone who has $200 to spend it is a great sounding and playing guitar. There is definitely a reason that guitar gets recommended in this forum several times a week. Not everyone will have more than that to spend on their first acoustic guitar, especially people who aren't able to work (not saying its the case here necessarily, but still).

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
i have a Yamaha FG700S, great guitar for the price. get it you won't be disappointed, looks great too
Unlike most of the people on this board I really really don't like the FG700S.

I think it's severely over-rated. Saying that I havn't tried many other guitars in that price range but if the 700S is as good as it gets

The FG720 is much the same in my opinion, but things start getting good when you hit the 730 model. It's $300 but worth it I think. At least worth a look.

And by the time you get to the FG750 you're looking at an absolutely fantastic guitar.

All I'm saying is, don't go to the shop and go 'ooh look it's the 700, I must buy that because everyone says I should.'
i heard good things about the fg700, and even more here.
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
For 99$, the Jasmine by Takamine S34C. Here's some recordings testing out the guitar: http://amlc.dmusic.com/

http://www.music123.com/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S34C-NEX-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar-516458-i1148992.Music123
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Unlike most of the people on this board I really really don't like the FG700S.

I think it's severely over-rated. Saying that I havn't tried many other guitars in that price range but if the 700S is as good as it gets

The FG720 is much the same in my opinion, but things start getting good when you hit the 730 model. It's $300 but worth it I think. At least worth a look.

And by the time you get to the FG750 you're looking at an absolutely fantastic guitar.

All I'm saying is, don't go to the shop and go 'ooh look it's the 700, I must buy that because everyone says I should.'

Really?
I havent played another guitar in the same price range (being in Australia we don't have the same amount in the lower end, alot of what is the lower end in the states has been bumped up into the mid hundreds down here, Yamaha prices seem to stay relatively consistent though) that is anywhere near as good as the Yammy.
My I ask what guitars you usually play? just out of interest really because I know that its not great compared to guitars worth more money, but when it comes to value for money... its Fantastic.