For me it's either Anthem by Ayn Rand, or Night by Elie Wiesel
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert (there are a few others credited to writing but they're not important )

Best book I've read in a while. That and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
the twilight series by stephanie meyer
twilight, new moon, and eclipse are the
three that are out so far and they are amazing!

We're coming back, coming back
We'll live forever, live forever
Let's have wedding, have a wedding
Let's start the killing, start the killing

Bill Bryson - A Short History of Nearly Everything

Because it's totally fucking awesome.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
lets see... im half way thru 1984 by george orwell and its coming to be one of the best ive ever read... the perfume (dont know if its the right translation) was also nice...
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

Greatest story ever told.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

The Quiet American, by Graham Greene, is one of my favourites, along with a lot of his other books. The Flounder, by Gunter Grass, is another of the best books I've ever read.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Nov 11, 2007,
Latawnya, the naughty horse learns to say "No" to drugs by Sylvia Scott Gibson.

I did not make that up.
Last edited by Slowplayer at Nov 11, 2007,
the dogs of babel by carolyn parkhurst just about pwns any other book Ive ever read
The Whale Of Woe of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Battle Royale is one of the few books I enjoyed. Along with Brave New World that we did in english last year. Wish we were doing 1984 but instead we are doing "A Prayer for Owen Weiny or something...

pepsi
Thought 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' by Robert Kiyosaki was a great book. Change my life forever.

The biography on Gandhi by Louis Fisher was also an awsome read.
SHOGUN by James Clavell. Goddamn what a book. it was 1152 pages of pure own. Lots of sex, plenty of violence and all the subtleties and subversion a man could want! **** you guys, I'm going to go read it again.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
i know its REALLY mainstream but the dan brown books are absolutely amazing, as is northern lights by philip pullman.

FYI northern lights is being released under the name of "the golden compass", a new film comin out next month. Loooks absolutely brilliant (Y)
It's impossible for me to pick one book, but I reread Dune not to long ago and it was even better than I remembered.

I'll have a bourbon.
Green Eggs and Ham. Without a doubt, the best book ever written.

... I'm NOT joking. I've read it to my nieces and nephews a million times. It never gets old.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I Am America (And So Can You!)- Stephen Colbert

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams

Possible Side Effects- Augusten Burroughs

Dear America: My Name is America - The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty. Not sure on author, because it's a fictitious journal. (Yea, yea, it's a Dear American book, but even to this day, I enjoy reading it. For it to be centered towards middle school aged kids, it's a very good, in depth read, IMO.)

Slaughterhouse-Five- Kurt Vonnegut

And a few more.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Tortilla Flat - John Steinbeck

That book really got to me, but there are a lot of other books that are worth mentioning, but if I had to say one at the moment it would be this one.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Shadow of the wind by Carlós Ruiz Zafón
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

the v part is a vagina, and your leg is the penis, work it out from there =D
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Series - Douglas Adams
Not sure which is my favourite.. probably Life, The Universe and Everything.
Douglas Adams is such an amazing author, the things he writes aren't that funny really but the way he writes them is hilarious.
Quote by Mr. Twelve
It's impossible for me to pick one book, but I reread Dune not to long ago and it was even better than I remembered.

It is indeed brilliant. The best of an awesome series.

I would have to say something by Iain Banks would edge it. Probably the Player of Games or maybe Excession. Depends what mood i'm in.
Quote by fallenangel20
I Am America (And So Can You!)- Stephen Colbert

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams

Possible Side Effects- Augusten Burroughs

Dear America: My Name is America - The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty. Not sure on author, because it's a fictitious journal. (Yea, yea, it's a Dear American book, but even to this day, I enjoy reading it. For it to be centered towards middle school aged kids, it's a very good, in depth read, IMO.)

Slaughterhouse-Five- Kurt Vonnegut

And a few more.

I read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy over the summer and it was really good and Slaughterhouse-Five is one of my all-time favorites. I'm hoping to get I Am America for my birthday.

I would add Siddhartha (Hermann Hesse) to one of my favorite books.

I'll have a bourbon.
catcher in the rye, one flew over the cuckoos nest, green mile, 1984, trainspotting, clockwork orange, godfather, picture of dorian grey, catch 22. god, so many. they're the classics though!! oh and to kill a mockingbird.

and, whoever said it, goosebumps - beast from the east. a classic too
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger.

Incredible book.

amen. amazing. when i read it first time, it had a real effect on me, being the age i was
I think the term "best" needs to be reworked a little. That implies that books can be subject to some sort of objective criteria for qualification, when, in my belief, books, like other art forms such as music can only be examined subjectively. The question also implies that all books are functioning for the result, and are appealing to the same stimuli, which they aren't; The Bible certainly can't be compared to Catch-22 although the are both excellent books.

Given this, a couple that are rather appealing to me are: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig and The Aenied by Virgil
Quote by BlackerSabbath
I think the term "best" needs to be reworked a little. That implies that books can be subject to some sort of objective criteria for qualification, when, in my belief, books, like other art forms such as music can only be examined subjectively. The question also implies that all books are functioning for the result, and are appealing to the same stimuli, which they aren't; The Bible certainly can't be compared to Catch-22 although the are both excellent books.

Given this, a couple that are rather appealing to me are: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig and The Aenied by Virgil

art is subjective. it isn't asking what book is the best, it's asking the best book you read? in your opinion. don't try and be smart - you contradicted yourself!!
I wouldnt call it best, but my favorite book of all time in The Outsiders by S.E Hinton
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
1. Room full of mirrors
2. Liseys Story by Stephen King (well just Stephen King in general) / Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
Frelseren ("The Saviour") by Jo Nesbø. Don't think you'd say the same if you were to read the translated version, though.
I'm a communist. Really.
I'm reading the Runaway Jury by John Grisham at the moment and that's probably one of the best, if not the best

Or the God Delusion-Richard Dawkins
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Page 1 of 3