Moon Safari is a very pretty album!
Air is a French electronic duo to which Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoît Dunckel belong, 'indietronica' as some people call it. They have released five albums; Moon Safari, The Virgin Suicides (score for Sofia Coppola movie of the same name), 10,000 Hz Legend (which Beck guests on), Talkie Walkie, and Pocket Symphony.

Moon Safari has a retro, pop-art feel to it often. The Sexy Boy Video screams that. The album consists of lovely upbeat, chillout (BUT NOT AT ALL BORING!) nostalgic tracks.
I've listened to this album doing anything from browsing the Museum of Modern Art to dancing at my cousin's wedding.

Recomended to all that love good music.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
You see that man on the left?
Yes, him.
Thats me.
Yes, yes it is.

..oh yeah, I 'dig this record too.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Nov 11, 2007,
the album is very good, especially the second half. saying this, la femme d'argent should be on the second half of the album
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
love this album so much.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I've only heard one song (All I Need) that I downloaded from LimeWire. My feelings towards that song are a bit mixed. It's not what I usually what I listen to since I've never really gotten myself into electronica, but I'd like to so I might aswell start with that album, right?
Quote by European Son
I've only heard one song (All I Need) that I downloaded from LimeWire. My feelings towards that song are a bit mixed. It's not what I usually what I listen to since I've never really gotten myself into electronica, but I'd like to so I might aswell start with that album, right?

Definitely. All I Need is a great song IMO but it's not the best on the album (though they are all pretty tasty). I think it's the best Air album, and when I was recommended it (by mr Biles) everyone seemed to be saying the same thing...
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
i don't have this album, i have meant to get it being that i have and enjoy "pocket symphony" and "talkie-walkie" and i have been told that this album is better than those two.
Quote by uhh_me?
i don't have this album, i have meant to get it being that i have and enjoy "pocket symphony" and "talkie-walkie" and i have been told that this album is better than those two.

it is much much better
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
brilliant song.

kelly watch the stars always gets me going.

we played this album in work for about 6 months. i loved every second of it.

stickied.
Quote by jallas
Definitely. All I Need is a great song IMO but it's not the best on the album (though they are all pretty tasty). I think it's the best Air album, and when I was recommended it (by mr Biles) everyone seemed to be saying the same thing...

Don't remember that, but I'll happily take the credit

'Sexy boy', 'All I need', 'Kelly watch the stars', an absolutely perfect three songs in a row.

Quote by uhh_me?

I don't remember ever having bothered to listen to 'Talkie walkie', but 'Moon safari' is 100 times better than 'Pocket symphony'. It's one of those few occasions that a such highly regarded actually lives up to it's press.
It's not 100% perfect, but it be nigh.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
I don't remember ever having bothered to listen to 'Talkie walkie', but 'Moon safari' is 100 times better than 'Pocket symphony'. It's one of those few occasions that a such highly regarded actually lives up to it's press.
It's not 100% perfect, but it be nigh.

Moon Safari is their best, but Talkie Walkie is also very good, methinks.
Quote by sponj
the album is very good, especially the second half. saying this, la femme d'argent should be on the second half of the album

But it's such a good opener

I love this record, it has been one of my favourite chill-outs for the best part of a year and a half. Track highlights for me are Le Femme D'argent, Talisman and the closer, Le Voyage De Penelope, which gets me going every time. As far as I'm concerned there isn't really a 'bad' cut on the album, but I usually skip Remember - I don't really think it's up to the standard of the rest.

But awesome taste regardless
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
^ ^ ^

"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
^it's so dreamy..
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
it's well after november. take this down!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
i'm pretty sure that his music taste hasn't change so dramatically in the past month that he would be ashamed of it. he's probably just sticking to the 'month' part of 'album of the month', and encouraging someone to write a new one.

i thought about doing one for the new akron/family album, but i think i did the one before this one.
do it. please. akron don't get enough recognition around here! I'd do it but i'm no good at writing..
the heart is a risky fuel to burn