when you play guitar are you in any particular stance...I for some reason play like adam gontier from three days grace particularly I hate everything about you...I was wonder if any of you guys or girls have a stance you usally pla in.
Quote by GuitarGirl1012
i can't stay still. i tap my right foot and swing my hips, kinda like matt nathanson.

im the complete opposite of that... when im the zone of pure concentration... i play rock still... thats one of the things im trying to change
I can't play whilst talking/singing. I can play whilst moving, but I try to avoid it.

I love moving whilst on stage though, jumping in the air during a solo adds a bend which you don't want and you're lik "Ahhh **** now what!".

Yeah basically I stay still, I think that would be the main point to take away from that waste of time.
I usually sit down and play guitar.
Sometimes I stand up, but I don't pay attention to stance.
I stand more when I play bass.
I tend to move around a bit. When I'm doing an easy rhythm part, I jump around, move my head around a lot, etc. When I'm doing a lead, I'll walk around slowly.

Depending on guitar I'm playing is how I hold my guitar/how high up my body my guitar is. I play my strat down really low, but my G-400 and my Washburn up fairly high.
it depends what song i'm playing.

Like, when i play BYOB, when it gets to the chorus, i like to bounce around a bit like Daron Malakian does, or if i'm playing Holy Diver i like to piss about about like Adam D.

it depends what mood i'm in aswell, if i'm annoyed, i'll stand still, and just play with all the passion anger can give you, if i'm happy then i'll just mess around and entertain people.
I play like John Mayer does in the video on my profile. Have a look. Especially when I play solos, it's like his on that song. It's the second video.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
jack penate
youtube it
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Kevin97220
I just play, I don't even think about what stance

You sir, are a true legend.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
I just tend to walk around really, not do much, in case I **** up
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by aaronjk0406
when you play guitar are you in any particular stance...I for some reason play like adam gontier from three days grace particularly I hate everything about you...I was wonder if any of you guys or girls have a stance you usally pla in.

fail
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join