Ok, as much as I like my 1960, I've been wanting something with Vintage 30s in it lately.

I'd been thinking about either:

A. Swapping out two of the speakers for WareHouse V30 clones and putting them in an X pattern with the G12-75s

or

B. Selling the cab all together and just getting a different one with V30s in it already.

Now, if the second, what cab would you suggest? I'd most likely be buying used and right now the only cab I really have in mind is the Mesa Recto Standard. If I get a new cab, I'd like it to have a nice bass response for palm mutes with lots of gain and not flabby, as well as articulate highs and mids.

Really don't want to spend more than $600, and cheaper would be better.

*edit* Also, if I did the first one, I could use the 2 speakers I take out to build a little 2x12 for jamming at other people's houses.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 11, 2007,
Yeah, it does actually, but the thought of getting new gear is awesome, hahaha.

Gear \/\/hores unite!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
give me your 1960 and wash dishes to buy the v30's

i think the 1st option looks cheaper. Save money in the things you dont need (everything except the speakers ha) and the cab's "name"/brand.
Quote by Pabli7o
give me your 1960 and wash dishes to buy the v30's

i think the 1st option looks cheaper. Save money in the things you dont need (everything except the speakers ha) and the cab's "name"/brand.

Are you trying to say that all cabs are the same besides the name/brand? I don't really understand the last sentence.
Well really, both options will end up costing pretty close to the same. I should be able to sell the cab if I wanted to for a decent price and then add about $100-200 more for another one, which is only $100 more than what buying 2 speakers would be, saying I had to add $200 to what I get for my cab. However, with the buying the speakers, I would end up with a nice little 2x12 as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, I guess I'll probably just go with the X pattern and build the little 2x12 since that just seems cool plus gives me something to do. Unless someone can tell me otherwise
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 12, 2007,