It's very hard to find these songs nowadays, whether it be torrents are going to a record store. I am looking for songs that have a certain sound to them but I can't clearly describe what it is.

Some of my favorite songs are "Last Kiss" by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers, "Teenager in Love" by Dion and Belmonts, and "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King. These 3 songs all emit the same kind of feel/mood when I listen to them, and I'm looking for more songs that sound like these. Any suggestions?

Some other songs I have that are somewhat similar are "Dyer Maker" by led zeppelin, "anytime you want me" by the who, a few beatles songs, and "since I don't have you" by guns n roses (the original skyliners version is also really good in my opinion).

so yeah any ideas?
umm, look at the bioshock soundtrack
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
check out the "pulp fiction" soundtrack. Particularly "surf rider" by the lively ones. I am not sure whether these are from the 50s or 60s but it might be what you were looking for.
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

"I Won't Stand In Your Way" - Stray Cats.

It's in the 50's style, but it was recorded some time in the 80's I think.

Hurrah for 80's Rockabilly revival.

EDIT:

Quote by newbe guitarist
check out the "pulp fiction" soundtrack. Particularly "surf rider" by the lively ones. I am not sure whether these are from the 50s or 60s but it might be what you were looking for.

No. That's 60's surf music. Not 50's "doo-wop" like the dude asked for.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Last edited by emery01 at Nov 11, 2007,
Sh-Boom- The Chords
Come Go With Me- The Del- Vikings
Silhouette- The Diamonds

And for a more modern version check out The Good The Bad and the Queen's song called
"80s Life"
Lonely Summer Nights - Stray Cats

Lookin' Better Every Beer - Stray Cats

+1 to I Won't Stand In Your Way. It's even got doo-wop backing vocals!
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Just listen to an oldies radio station for awhile, should get plenty of ideas.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!