Hows every 1 doin....i need an amp that gives me good sound for metally stuff and solos....my budget is at most $450. should i get a stack...tube...or what?....and give me anything u think could help!
Don't get a stack - for that price, it will be a horrible amp. For $450, I think you can get a Peavey Valveking, which would be a good place to start. However, I would recommend that you look for a Randall RG50TC combo. To get it for $450, you'd have to go used, but it would be worth it
For $450? Only if you can find something like a Marshall JCM800 or 900, or Line 6 Flextone. Stay away from Spiders, MGs and AVTs.
for 450$ you can't get anything worth using for a while. Keep saving your money.
Quote by MetalNinja
any marshals or line 6 for a good price/ quality?

NO!
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
The marshals almost $2000, il prolly stay away from that for a while.....what about the Crate FlexWave Series FW120HS 120W 4x12 Half Stack?
Quote by Denthúl
Don't get a stack - for that price, it will be a horrible amp. For $450, I think you can get a Peavey Valveking, which would be a good place to start. However, I would recommend that you look for a Randall RG50TC combo. To get it for $450, you'd have to go used, but it would be worth it

+1

thats what i was thinking!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
i should mention that the extra $100 will be worth every penny!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
no the randall combo sucks. read some reviews before you go out and buy an amp. harmony central rates the valveking combo way above the randall
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Oh dear...

Look, for metal, the Randall is much better. I've played the Valveking and the RG50TC side-by-side, and I can safely say that the Randall is far superior. I would trust experience more than reviews on Harmony Central, or even UG. Just look at the number of positive reviews there are for Marshall MGs and Line 6 Spiders...