Okay I've got a Jackson RR3 and after a weekend of unfruitful attempts to trade off a couple of guitars I've decided to just upgrade my RR3, since I love the guitar, with an OFR and new tuners. The FR is first but warmoth has two double locking Floyd Roses, here are links to both I just want to know if there is any great difference.

OFR

Schaller

Also does anybody know if an OFR will swap out directly for a Jackson LFR? I'm pretty sure it will I'm just wanting some reassurance.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Nov 11, 2007,
Quote by COBHC728
I'd go with the OFR because the Schaller one doesn't look as good quality

Schaller makes some great quality hardware, so they're pretty equal.

Make sure that the dimensions are the same and that the new trem will fit.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
They're pretty much the same thing only one is $5 cheaper. The Schaller is more compact and brighter sounding.
They are both as good as each other it's just a personal preferance thing. I like the schaller better, but that doesn't mean it actually is any better.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by COBHC728
I'd go with the OFR because the Schaller one doesn't look as good quality

er... schaller make the OFR too.

Quote by CorduroyEW
They are both as good as each other it's just a personal preferance thing.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Has anybody tried a "PING" IDK about the strength of brass and stuff, plus it says that it is a LFR but it is the only one baring hte Floyd Rose name so i guess its supposed to be the same quality...I guess this thread is kind of Ping vs. OFR vs. Schaller FR now.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $