Ok, so I've got a Toneport UX2. I can get it so my computer sound and my guitar comes out of the speakers by using the toneport as a soundcard.

Now I have a adapter to plug the toneport into line in on the computer, the problem is once I get there, I have no idea how to do anything else.

I'm trying to get it so I can record the music I play on the computer with the sound of the guitar.

Suggestions?

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

You don't need to connect anything to the line in on your computer, the Toneport is already connected through the USB. What kind of recording software are you using?
I'm using Abletron live right now, just the software that comes with it.

I think you misunderstood my first post tho. I mean like, I'm using guitar pro and I want to play that by having it run through my speakers but also be able to play the guitar in the same speakers.

Guitars:
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Try setting the recording source to Stereo Mix and recording with the Toneport as a soundcard.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
No that's not possible. You can only hear the sound through your headphones.
Quote by PlagueX1
I'm using Abletron live right now, just the software that comes with it.

I think you misunderstood my first post tho. I mean like, I'm using guitar pro and I want to play that by having it run through my speakers but also be able to play the guitar in the same speakers.

Oh, I see. I wanted to do something like that when I got my UX2, but couldn't get it to work. If you don't have two sets of speakers, use headphones for the sound from your PC.
Quote by coenas
No that's not possible. You can only hear the sound through your headphones.

No because I plugged it out of the S/PDIF Digital Out straight to my speakers and ran it as a soundcard. All of the computer sounds came out of the speakers as well as the guitar, I'm just trying to make it more simplified by hooking it into the sound card.

Guitars:
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass