I'm looking for a good dist/OD pedal for around 50$ that would suit classic rock to metal (Pantera) Would this work? Are there any better?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
It's a very mild overdrive pedal. At $40 it's a good buy IMO for what it is. It sounds great but it leans more toward a bluesy sound. I think you would be tremendously disappointed if you expected to get some significant distortion out of it.

Edit - There's a sound clip here: Bad Monkey. That's pretty much what you'll get. Could do some classic rock type stuff but it's not going to get you tons of distortion. You would need something else for that.
Last edited by Comfortablylomb at Nov 11, 2007,
you probably won't find one that cheap. i suggest the boss metal zone. its about 100 bucks though. from what I've heard of it, it pulls of metal pretty well. as for the overdrive part, you'll probably need another pedal.
well, metal is more important. So how about that?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by ballroomofmars
you probably won't find one that cheap. i suggest the boss metal zone. its about 100 bucks though. from what I've heard of it, it pulls of metal pretty well. as for the overdrive part, you'll probably need another pedal.

No metal zone, no.

What amp do you have? Try looking at some secondhand Maxons or Ibanez Tube Screamers on Ebay, you might find some cheap ones. And if you want more of a metal tone, the EHX metal muff is for you.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I'm probably gonna be getting a Marshall JCM 800. TubeScreamer would put me over budget.

EDIT: Used I might be able to afford it....