Well for the sound, simply put: a lot.

I guess it's about 80% amp, the rest is down to the guitar and the pickups.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
it really depends on the whole rig to be honest... you can't put a concrete value on it.

However, the reason we bang on about the amp in here so much is that too many people completely overlook it as a major component of your tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
About 70-80% I'd say. If its your second setup your buying and your getting the amp & guitar separately... get the amp first within reason.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Dave_Mc
it really depends on the whole rig to be honest... you can't put a concrete value on it.

However, the reason we bang on about the amp in here so much is that too many people completely overlook it as a major component of your tone.

I agree that putting an exact value is silly. A great guitar isn't magically going to sound good through a lousy amp. The amp is the thing that the noise is coming out of after all. A mediocre guitar might sound better through a great amp though.
The amp is much more of the sound. About 75% I would think. Maybe a bit more or less.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up