I got a Seagull S6 awhile ago, and I love it except for one problem. When I change the strings, the pegs don't really hold the strings. I'll take off the string and put a new one in the hole, then push the peg down in. But when I start to tighten the string, the peg pulls up. It's really hard to change the strings. Any ideas what's wrong?
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
I know how to change my strings, it's just that my old guitar didn't have this problem. I'll check out the videos anyway.

Edit: Ahhh, okay, I see the problem now. For whatever reason, I didn't have to kink the strings before putting them on my old acoustic, the pin didn't pull out. Thanks a ton.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Nov 11, 2007,
I had the same problem...since I also have a Seagull. What you have to do is wedge the string nut up against the side of the peg instead of underneath it. I wish I could draw a diagram for it. Just make sure it wedges up against the side, but still in the channel of the peg. You shouldnt have that problem after that.
Guitars.

Seagull Entourage Rustic Q1
Washburn D-10 N 93'
Jay turser.. i dunno what model.