hey guys, whats shaking

i play in a band, punk rock (without the power chords) type stuff, not a whole lot of gain.

ive had my heart set on a marshall dsl for a good while now, it was "the amp" i had to have. but then the other guitar player in my band went and got one. i love the sound of it but i don't like the idea of us having the same amps. our guitars are already very similar and we'd like some variation in our tone.

since ive been dead set on the dsl for a while now i havnt put much thought into other amps, everyone is into metal in my town so im only educated on high-gain amps, which is not what im looking for.

i need..... a nice sounding distortion, but not too much gain, i need alot of clarity in the higher strings. im looking for..... "brightness" "sparkle".

if anyone can give me some amps to look into that would be grea, price is not a huge issue as i am not in a rush to buy anything, heads are preferred since i already own a marshall 1960a cabinet.

thanks much
just throwin this out there, i plan to use the clean channel.....about.... never
Have you looked at any Vox's? They have chimy highs and are good amps.
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
Quote by Chrisman
just throwin this out there, i plan to use the clean channel.....about.... never

and?

as long as your playing loud your gonna get some crunch out of a Bassman, early Marshall's were based of Bassmans.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
orange rocker 30 head
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Chrisman
i need..... a nice sounding distortion, but not too much gain, i need alot of clarity in the higher strings. im looking for..... "brightness" "sparkle".

A Vox AC30 head on your Marshall cab would kick ass for your needs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
What's your price range? (also state what currency) gives a better idea of what you need ya know
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Chrisman
price is not a huge issue as i am not in a rush to buy anything

keep suggesions under like 3000 usd (i already have a cabinet) and ill consider.
maybe a Dr. Z, bad cat, ugly amps. check out some boutique stuff
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
if anyone would take the time to listen to check out this tune and tell me what kind of amp could get close to this sound, i would really, really appreciate it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JX46U7P8

thats basically the exact sound im looking for, nice and ballin, but clear enough to hear the high strings, i love it. i figured a marshall dsl could get close with the gain cranked on the crunch channel...... but i tried that and it had too much "crunch" and not enough of that "sparkle" if that makes any sense

much thanks goes out to anyone who takes a listen.
Sounds like you want an AC30. Cranked it will get great punk tones that would be verrrrry sparkly
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Theres nothing wrong with using the same amps, especially if your talking about the dsl100 on any given day I can dial in about a dozen tones that are waiting for somebody amazing to make them famous. Im sure allot of people will agree with that statement...Oh yea to echo what everyone else has said. The vox is a pretty sure way to go.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Mojave Plexi 45
Mojave Scoprtion
Dr Z amps
Buddha Super Drive
Metro '67
Metro JTM45/100
Laney Lionheart
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band