Page 1 of 2
No offense to any drummers out there and maybe it is just the crowd I hang out with but it seems that every drummer I know is horrible at communication.

Every drummer I know is the kind of person to hear their phone ringing right next to them and not pick up,
they have horrible memories and forget half of the things that are said to them,
the majority of them are very arrogant,
and they are generally just irresponsible.

It would be unfair to say that every drummer is like this but it is an interesting pattern I have noticed.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I alone on this one?
Why do bands have bass players?
To translate for the drummer.

*runs from all the drummers and bassists*
Drummers are awesome, the drummer from my band is my best friend. I am actually taking up drums as I'm searching for something new! But anyhoo, all drummers I've met have been awesome!
my drummer hasnt showered in a week lol
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I'm a drummer and I'll confess that I am guilty of having a terrible memory and not hearing my phone.

But at the same time, as the bassist for my band, I often have to deal with arrogant and selfish guitarists whose aim is to blare out 50note-a-minute pieces whilst not listening to any criticism at all.

I'll give you an example. I was filling in as drummer for another band I often play with, and we began to play. After a while the bassist asked the guitarist to tone down his tremelo, and the guitard began to get mouthy. After a massive arguement we began again, only for the same guitarist to completely forget which piece we were doing and then start mucking around.
To cut the story short the reheasal ended up in a huge argument between the guitarist and bassist and I was left twiddling my hi-hat.

It works both ways!
ye, and because of their lack in communication skills (woah, sounds smart )
my band has lost 3 drummers already
pie..
pie?
PIE!!!
Quote by seljer

lol.
i r bassist :O

*flex*
I know three drummers.

One is my brother. Enough said.

Another is a complete wanker, thinks too much of himself when he is basically ****.

Another has a stutter.

Enough said.. again
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
On the subject of communication, it would be helpful if all band members answered phones, checked emails, answered their post......not just the drummer. My own band has lost a guitarist this way!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
But at the same time, as the bassist for my band, I often have to deal with arrogant and selfish guitarists whose aim is to blare out 50note-a-minute pieces whilst not listening to any criticism at all.

I agree, there are too many guitarists out there who just use their band as a kind of platform to show off their shred chops. I've been playing for a number of years and I can do most advanced shred techniques, but I don't intend to use them much, it just polutes the music.

Bands should be democracies!

*End of rant*

ps sorry for being off-topic lol
Quote by superunknown
No offense to any drummers out there and maybe it is just the crowd I hang out with but it seems that every drummer I know is horrible at communication.

Every drummer I know is the kind of person to hear their phone ringing right next to them and not pick up,
they have horrible memories and forget half of the things that are said to them,

It would be unfair to say that every drummer is like this but it is an interesting pattern I have noticed.

It is because to pass drum exams, you have to undergo a lobotomy.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Because they're generally thick as ****. Generally. All stereotypes have some truth in them. They have no ear for music either. Just speed and time signatures. Unless they played guitar or something first then they annoy me.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
so in order me to play drums i would have to start ignoring my phone and be arrogant?

i'm on it.
Quote by uhh_me?
so in order me to play drums i would have to start ignoring my phone and be arrogant?

i'm on it.

Don't forget the lobotomy!!
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by g1asseye
Because they're generally thick as ****. Generally. All stereotypes have some truth in them. They have no ear for music either. Just speed and time signatures. Unless they played guitar or something first then they annoy me.

WHOA now you're going too far! I'm a drummer and I can read music in alto, bass and treble clef. can compose a song from scratch and also programme synths and keyboards. I also play bass.
I know few guitarists who know this much theory at all, especially seen as I'm an indie bassist/drummer and knowledge of any music theory is rare with indie. Without a drummer then a band is lost!

If you're gonna be ignorant about a group of musicians based on this then who is the stupid one?
I can't find a drummer to find out
But I know a good joke about them:

Two musicians and a drummer walked into a bar...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I'll give you an example. I was filling in as drummer for another band I often play with, and we began to play. After a while the bassist asked the guitarist to tone down his tremelo, and the guitard began to get mouthy. After a massive arguement we began again, only for the same guitarist to completely forget which piece we were doing and then start mucking around.
To cut the story short the reheasal ended up in a huge argument between the guitarist and bassist and I was left twiddling my hi-hat.

It works both ways!

Sorry...

I've always gotten along with drummers best, probably because I'm a bass player. Granted though drummers do have a tendency to be not quite there half the time.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
Quote by clapton-floyd
I can't find a drummer to find out
But I know a good joke about them:

Two musicians and a drummer walked into a bar...

the ironical thing about that joke is most drummer can read music well!
Drummer I know is a massive stoner.

So he does sort of apply to all your points.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
i'm a drummer as well as guitarist and i'm kind of forgetfull but that's it out of that list.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
well, half the drumers i know are exactly like that (i know two)
the other one is realy cool
How do I change my sig?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

That's really slow.
i should totally pick up drums because i do all of that stuff. weird.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by superunknown
but it seems that every drummer I know is horrible at communication.

i AM horrible at conversation but its only certain drummers

most drummers hear louder noises than others and can be very hard of hearing(i am)

alot of that is because of the hard of hearing thing

the last two can be seen best by somone equally as arrogant and irresponsible
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Most of the drummers I know are complete asses or introverted.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by superunknown

It IS offensive. And you are not only alone. You are ... *Reported* ...

+++ You leave too many damn spaces between your lines of text. You know, makes pages harder to navigate, blah blah blah. Anyways, I've put everything you said on one line, and in size one font. It's, er, punishment.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at Nov 11, 2007,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
WHOA now you're going too far! I'm a drummer and I can read music in alto, bass and treble clef. can compose a song from scratch and also programme synths and keyboards. I also play bass.
I know few guitarists who know this much theory at all, especially seen as I'm an indie bassist/drummer and knowledge of any music theory is rare with indie. Without a drummer then a band is lost!

If you're gonna be ignorant about a group of musicians based on this then who is the stupid one?

I have never seen this alto clef.......
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
All the drummers you know are bad drummers. I play both drums and guitar, and I'm better at drums than I am at guitar. I just practice a lot of hand and foot patterns and play because I like to, not because I'm forced to. I don't know why there's some cloud of rumors that floats around drummers as all being stoners. I've been sober for going on a year now, and I'd say my communication skills are fine. It just bugs the hell out of me when other drummers assume they're better than you because they play on the school's drum line, which consists mainly of insecure assholes that only do it to look cool.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
All drummers are just a little off, in some way or another.
And I say that being a drummer myself.
We're only strays.
It's always the drummer and the bassist. Me and the bassist of my band are always the ones who r like... always picked on. People always go "well them too are pretty like...hi looking man" And so what? Just because we look high doesnt mean we are. I was told last night "dude...you look stoned and hi all the time...you must be a drummer or a bassist?" and im like come on! Guitarists and singers get all the credit and are normally known as a "normal" person

Drummers have hard hearing cause drums are loud. With a guitar you can lower the volume on an amp. Drums, on the other han, are always loud (unless u got eletric). So don't think its cool to bash a drummer dood. I've been drumming since i was 3 years old (my first drum set ).
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Last edited by metal overlord at Nov 11, 2007,
Quote by BladeSlinger
I have never seen this alto clef.......

This is an alto clef- used for viola music.

This is a bass clef- used for bass guitar mudic.

One of my best friends is a drummer. He's one of the nicest people I know.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
On the subject of communication, it would be helpful if all band members answered phones, checked emails, answered their post......not just the drummer. My own band has lost a guitarist this way!

Were he ever found again?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
nope, I have not seen this in general.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by BassistGal

Were he ever found again?

Yeah- in another band after we fired him after he missed 7 rehearsals and a gig!
Quote by seljer

I'm a bassist and I'd concur with that. Actually the guitarist translates for me on the whole.
Quote by superunknown

You are obviously a guitar player.
I plays drums.

I'm renownd for being forgetful, slow etc. I can't use a telephone, I can't tie my shoelaces quickly, I'm dyslexic and dyspraxic.

meh.

My guitaist in my band has syphilis
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
well i think there does seems to be a recuring pattern here......

my drummer is a bloody nice guy, but the thing he any time ur having a disscusion with him,
u cant ever get anything in. its not like u never get heard, he just ignores things u say until hes fully finished his 5 minute speach. its less of a disscusion and more of an IM conversation where u cant kinda add to the conversation while its happening.

u probly dont know what i mean, but he just kinda ignores u until hes said everything he wants to say. but nothing bad happens becos of it, its just a little annoying sometimes, but doesnt effect our music.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
Quote by Captain Insano
You are obviously a guitar player.

its a guitar website man!!!
OBVIOUSLY!!!!
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
Page 1 of 2