Sounds more like a heavy Whammy bar pull with about half give
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
But Zakk doesn't use a whammy bar.....unless he uses the pedal for it.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Sorry for double Post, but he only uses the wah. I just read his set up.;
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
It sounds like he presses down at the start of the bend, and after the "wah", he clicks the pedal off, and does some heavy vibrato on the string. Maybe.
Quote by Guitarmiester
It's called a bend. He's using a wah, but that's got nothing to do with the bend.

Oh, Well, thanks, didn't know it was the simple.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
It sounds like a very slow sweep. Start in the heel position and slowly rock it to toe position.
Sounds to me like a simple bend with the wah sweeping through it. He has a very thick sounding wah pedal by the wah, so that would help. The original Crybaby wont do it unless theres a couple of mods, or ive read taking the arm off and rotating the pot back 1 step will add much more thick sweep to it, or cutting some of the rubber stoppers down on the heel of the rocker.

Actually, i think that it is a pinch harmonic as well, that doesnt sound like a normal note.
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at Nov 12, 2007,
its a normal bend but he rocks the wah right forward with wide vibrato to boost the treble sound.
It's a pretty rough bend about 1 and a half steps up, with the wah slowly sweeping up as he uses the vibrato to give it lots of feel. Not too difficult. Just bend the **** out of note and sweep slowly upwards form heel to toe with the wah simultaneously.

I don't normally say this but damn, Zakk Wylde's tone is great there!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
You're all fools you clearly need the 8 Marshall heads on top of the 8 marshall quads.
Gretsch 5120
Marshall TSL60/1936 Cab (2x12 Celestion)
Pedal Train:
Vox Wah / Boss TU2 / Ibanez TS9 / Boss GE7 EQ / Boss NS2 / Line 6 DL4

Proud owner of possibly the only good Fender acoustic...
Quote by whitehouseffect
You're all fools you clearly need the 8 Marshall heads on top of the 8 marshall quads.

*slaps head* OF COURSE!!!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
He's just bending (with vibrato at the end) and doing the wah at the same time so you roughly get to the toe of the wah the same time you get to the top of the bend.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure