ok i have a LFR and i want to put it into drop c tuning as it is not in standard.
im using 10's.
do i need to do any sort of adjustment if i just change tunings?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Yes. You must adjust the springs in the back until the bridge rests parallel to the body.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
I'd get this done by a professional, I did this, and it takes so much ****ing around to get it right, after I'd restrung, taking about 10 minutes at the most, the tuning and setting of the Floyd Rose took nearly an hour and a half, as you have to keep adjusting til you can abuse the FR and it returns to perfect tuning, otherwise you'll constantly have problems when it comes to tuning time...
yes but i plan on using the same strings i have on it. all i want to do i unlock the nuts and fropit to c, then lock it up again.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by bknife
^Whenever you change the tunings you have to.

Sadly this is true. Floyd Roses FTL.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
ok, now i kno for sure im not getting a fr guitar cuz im constantly switching tunings from standard c to drop c
and i wont even be using the trem that much either, so im sticking with the ec 1000 deluxe
couple aspects, first you will have to loosen up the springs in the back due to lack of tension from drop-tuning. then let say you have 10s on in E standard, going to drop-C is a very dramatic change in tension, so mostly truss rod adjustment will be needed too or the neck might bow in a month or so. also i have noticed that action might need to adjust too because strings get spongey in drop-c, so you might experience fret buzz that you normally wouldn't in standard. all can be done by yourself maybe except the truss rod part. and as far as taking a long time to set up FL and stuff like that, you do that enough you will be able to set up rather quickly. Dont Fear the Floyd Rose