I have a Marshall cdr 15 amp and i was just wondering if for christmas i should get a new amp (i was thinking a spider 3) or just a mod (Line 6 Pocket POD) I just want mess around with some different sounds, i really dont know very much about this stuff but i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice? and also i got around 200$ - Classic rock Led Zeppelin, Ac/Dc and Metallica, some blues, and starting to get into heavy metal- and i have Epi lp standard
Last edited by Ardie12 at Nov 11, 2007,
id go with a new amp but dont get a spider three get something like valve junior or blues junior, much better sound and not much more money ( just sawa blues junior for 225 )
A Spider won't be an upgrade to your amp and the POD won't make the Marshall sound better. Get a good amp, price range/music styles?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
around 200$ - Classic rock Led Zeppelin, Ac/Dc and Metallica, some blues, and starting to get into heavy metal- and i have Epi lp standard
Quote by MatrixClaw
A Spider won't be an upgrade to your amp and the POD won't make the Marshall sound better. Get a good amp, price range/music styles?

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!