Been thinking about a new amp for xmas, its also my 16th bday 2 days before so i can ask for a little more than usual, i want a more versatile amp, i play punk, blues, rock, and some metal, i was thinking about a line 6 spider II or III combo, but any other amp model suggestions are fine, those were just some ideas.
My Gear

Epiphone G-400 SG
marshall mg10cd
garcia classical acoustic

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
peavey classic 30.

price range
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
price range? i would guess like 300 or 400?
My Gear

Epiphone G-400 SG
marshall mg10cd

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
crate palomino V32 used or a V16. are you giging?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
A spider wouldn't even be an upgrade to your MG... There's MUCH better amps in that pricerange, you came to the right place!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dont get the classic 30... look for a used JCM 800 on eBay.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
wuts wrong with the c30?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
wats wrong with the 800?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
wats wrong with the 800?

Quote by ssguitar
wuts wrong with the c30?

Both almost out of his price range. I say "good luck" to TS to get a USED Marshall JCM 800 in his price range, (300-400). I know there's about like 3 auctions of JCM 800's in his price range, but soon the bidding is going to go out of his range. If he wants to get the Peavey Classic, he's going to need to buy it used. (He should be able to find one used)

Personally, both are great. They can handle classic rock and blues tones very well. I believe the JCM can handle metal better, but that's what I heard. Keep your eye out for both.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Epiphone Valve Junior Cabinet
When you say 300-400, are you talking dollars or pounds or euros or what?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
When you say 300-400, are you talking dollars or pounds or euros or what?

I assume he is talking dollars, in his profile it says he's from Chicago, Illinois, United States.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Quote by tre_coo
I assume he is talking dollars, in his profile it says he's from Chicago, Illinois, United States.

Fair enough, I just looked at what was on this screen, didn't think about clicking his profile lol, but then again I usually don't bother with all these profile fancy pants things on websites.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
ok to the question wayyy up there with the gigging and whatnot, not yet, but probably soon, and thanks for the help guys, much appreciated
My Gear

Epiphone G-400 SG
marshall mg10cd

Then i suggest buying a used 30 watt tube combo.

Like i said with the Classic 30, Palomino V32, maybe a laney VC30.

all used of course.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^and dont worry about the low wattage because tube amps like the ones we are mentioning are like 3 times louder than solid state amps and they also can take you places a spider or a marshall mg or a valvetronix will ever take you
what do you listen to specificly
^^ yah screw all those other amps get the laney there sell hella cheap used there are two main amps they sell the LC and the VC
^ well i wouldnt say screw them but def try before you buy

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
in that case make your choice between the palo and classic because you can find those at a GC or SA and just try them outand see whats bettor for you
and also try buying a used boss pedal for distortion because youll need it buddy
Peavey Classic 30, Marshall JCM 800 (If you can find it in your price range.. good luck) and the Crate Palomino V32 are my personal choices for your budget. In order to get any of these amps, you have to buy used. Used is THE BANG for your buck.

Laney VC30 is way out of his price range. Its a mighty fine amp, though.

Try out the amps. Screw around with the settings, get the amp thats right for you.

Happy amp hunting

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
^ oh yea...i forgot Laneys are expensive over here i found a VC15 for like $250

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
listen i could tell your not ganna get any of the amps we mentioned so **** it. just dont get the line 6 when you go to GC or sam ash ask for a roland cube and get that it looks ugly but its bettor than that crap six if you get it and you plan on gigging youll be sorry. and i know you dont give a sht now and all you want is something that has sick distoriton and the rest you could give a sht about but dont get the line 6. youve been warned
Quote by the-kid66
listen i could tell your not ganna get any of the amps we mentioned so **** it. just dont get the line 6 when you go to GC or sam ash ask for a roland cube and get that it looks ugly but its bettor than that crap six if you get it and you plan on gigging youll be sorry. and i know you dont give a sht now and all you want is something that has sick distoriton and the rest you could give a sht about but dont get the line 6. youve been warned

What's your problem? The guy didn't even say anything like he wasn't going to get something because it wasn't cool and you're the one who keeps double posting, learn to use the edit button, that's what it's for

And for the record, it's not impossible to find a Laney in that price range if you go used, it's pretty easy actually. I bought a VC15 for $100 because the guy said it didn't "work" but all that didn't work was one of the powertubes died.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
uhh, whats your problem? ive been looking them over, and i realize not to get a line 6, sorry for not reposting on this thing to say so before, jeez tho, calm down a little bit
My Gear

Epiphone G-400 SG
marshall mg10cd

I'm guessing you live in Schaumburg .

I live in Geneva.

On ebay/Craigslist there was a guy selling a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 for like $340; you'd have to go pick it up from Joliet, though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
damn.... my parents completely refused to get me an amp for xmas.... oh well, hopefully i can get enough money for xmas to buy one, i was thinking of asking for a buncha GC giftcards anyway
My Gear

Epiphone G-400 SG
marshall mg10cd