Page 1 of 2
Ive been watching this movie a lot lately, ever since i bought it at Kroger (grocery store) and i figured it deserved a new thread. So, what do you guys think of it?

also, what is the song playing when they go to Wyoming to get beer? the singer yodles a bit, if you cant remember.
I liked this movie, but the end made me sad .
I don't remember the song. It's been a while.
Beat My Guest by Adam and the Ants.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
that movie is so bad once you understand punk idealogies. Just go listen to some crass and do something productive... please.
My friend actually tried to convince me that punk is all just about going to shows because they're fun, rather than the actual music, after seeing that movie...I never have.
Quote by ghostmouse859
that movie is so bad once you understand punk idealogies. Just go listen to some crass and do something productive... please.

ZOMG P0NX

its a film partially influenced by the director's life.

please tell me what punk idealologies are so that i know know what it means to be a punk
I watched but was disappointed. I have never been into punk for any reason other then for the high energy and fun. That movie just put too much thought into it, but, punk was kind of created out of ideas, so I'm the poser I guess.
The end is so said
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I saw it, and I thought it was really stupid. I'm a true punk though, and since it's sold at Krogers, that should be reason enough not to buy it.
I hated the movie, but the ending made a valid point, so it's not all bad.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by TheAdict310

Don't take pills from mods?
thats an amazing movie
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Quote by TheAdict310

I disagree. The ending said its ok to sell out your values, that's never ok. never.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Chaise Boogie
The acid on the leg thing was funny.

That has actually happened to people. There are people are on perma-trips who are in mental institutions thinking they're a glass of orange juice.

The movie itself is probably the most overrated movies ever made. I hated it.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by whyvern
I disagree. The ending said its ok to sell out your values, that's never ok. never.

I agree with whyvern's disagreement of Adict's statement.
I disliked the ending for this reason, and because Heroin Bob dies. And Heroin Bob was the man.
Ok... like usual as I'm posting this I'm pretty drunk so I'm not going to be totally polite (or coherent for that matter). But to the point. The point being that the dude that said "it's never ok to sell out your values. never." or something to that effect... well... grow up dude. How old are you, 16? or just a stubborn, obstinate 18 year old?

When you grow up, you'll realize that life is all about compromises... ****'s not black and white. you're not either a punk or a sellout. 99% of all people lie somewhere in between. So as far as the movie is concerned, if the protagonist decides that in the system is the best place for him to be, fine, good for him. I thought it was a decent ending.
Quote by Adderall_Ninja
That has actually happened to people. There are people are on perma-trips who are in mental institutions thinking they're a glass of orange juice.

The movie itself is probably the most overrated movies ever made. I hated it.

If I recall from what little memory I have left of my drug days, acid can not get you ****ed up through skin. And the ones that think they're orange juice, are the ones who take just too many hits.

But I may be wrong, maybe it can get you through the skin.
Quote by yoursweatersux
Ok... like usual as I'm posting this I'm pretty drunk so I'm not going to be totally polite (or coherent for that matter). But to the point. The point being that the dude that said "it's never ok to sell out your values. never." or something to that effect... well... grow up dude. How old are you, 16? or just a stubborn, obstinate 18 year old?

When you grow up, you'll realize that life is all about compromises... ****'s not black and white. you're not either a punk or a sellout. 99% of all people lie somewhere in between. So as far as the movie is concerned, if the protagonist decides that in the system is the best place for him to be, fine, good for him. I thought it was a decent ending.

it has nothing to do with how old i am. i have friends that are 36 years old and never sold out their beliefs. They still live in punk houses. Live life on their own terms and don't compromise into a bull**** mainstream society.

Of course nothing is black and white but if you have a core set of beliefs you shouldn't betray them.

But hey man, you obviously know more about the world than me, cos what could I have experienced, age is what gives us experience. Grow up man.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern

It wasn't selling out. To me, it said that there's a certain point where a person's too old to just party and destroy themselves.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by devourthekitten
My friend actually tried to convince me that punk is all just about going to shows because they're fun, rather than the actual music, after seeing that movie...I never have.

i wouldn't say punk has any real definition. it could mean a lot of things. revolting against the government, doing crazy things, the types of music you listen to, or just being yourself and not caring what anybody else thinks. But just going to shows and not listening to music doesn't sound like a very great idea.
Quote by whyvern

He didn't sell out, he bought in

And I like the movie a lot, just as a movie though. When I watch it I don't analyze from a punk's point of view, I watch it as your standard movie goer and I just enjoy it. If I were to think of it as a realistic portrayal of punk life then I'd probably hate it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I haven't seen that movie in years. I should watch it again one of these days.
Quote by whyvern

i agree and disagree with you.

i agree that its wrong to sell out your values.

but i disagree that that made the ending bad cause he realized he didn't have any of his own values, he was a posuer.
Quote by devourthekitten

Its 50/50 for me, shows have to be fun and about the music

I cant imagine most non-punk gigs been fun... Punk gigs are usually fun...

Where am i going with this? i dont know gigs are about having a laugh though
Hmmm, I'm watching it for the first time right now.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Maan my friend's had my copy of this movie for like...2 years maybe? How ridiculous. Luckily I don't watch it like the Bible (or Velvet Goldmine for that matter...).

It was amusing, but not accurate. Glad I could contribute almost nothing.
DOWN&OUT
After watching the movie, and chronicling the story progression, I've decided that.....
SLC PUNK is anti-punk propaganda

a. Punks are portrayed as violent dumbasses all throughout the movie, starting with punks attacking rednecks. THIS NEVER HAPPENED anywhere that I heard of, as punks were outnumbered by rednecks 10-1, all over the country.

b. Exploited singing 'Sex and Violence' sets tone for what almost every scene in movie is: either sex or violence.

c. Heroin Bob attacks rednecks at beginning of movie, punches mirror, attacks doctors in hospital, beats up cops and Nazi punks.

d. "Normal guy" Mike beats up punk band's bouncer, kid with orange hat, and smashes windows and cop car.

Worst part: When Mike smashes kid with orange hat into wall, for no reason, Steve-O points with glee and shouts 'Punk rock !!'

e. Steve-O attacks rednecks at beginning of movie, gets in fight at show, beats up guy at party, beats up cops and Nazi punks.

Steve-O, the "Anarchist" slowly becomes a yuppie, as noted in these "anti - Anarchy" quotes from the fil, made by him (and others).
a. ''Anarchy in the UK' is stupid.'
b. 'Don't live your lives by lyrics.'
c. Fought the system but it was(too) strong.
d. Psycho Mark says 'Freedom is death'.
e. 'My philosophy - Anarchy - was falling apart'
f. 'I was following Nature and Nature was order.'
g. 'F*ck Anarchy.'
h. His future wife "Brandy" says to him at the party "'You look like a punk. That's not rebellion; that's fashion."'
i. 'There's no future in Anarchy.'

The film's "message" is simple:
When you're young, you fight the system.
Then you get older, "fall in love" and become the system.

For this to happen, Steve-O has to sublimate his attraction to Bob, or he won't be able to become a scumbag lawyer and marry and breed (in order to create more taxpayers to keep the insanity going), as society demands.
After his crisis, where he tries to figure out if he's asexual or what, Steve-O is able to fall in love with Brandy, because she has a mustache.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Last edited by johnnynemo at Nov 12, 2007,
I need to see this movie.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I need to see this movie.

watch it on youtube
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Yeah, I'll probably do that when I get a chance.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
lol i noticed she had a mustache first time i watched it too.

but no matter what Nemo says that doesn't stop the fact that Matthew Lilliard is sexy as hell
He's not as sexy as Johnny Depp as a punk on 21 Jump Street.

BTW, the band "Klean Kut Kids" is Agent Orange and they do "Bloodstains", "I'm Too Young To Die" and "Everything Turns Grey".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMokXU0KQXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AxZzY2yzkE
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Page 1 of 2