Page 1 of 2
Update New Myspace layout! Check it out and let me know what you think.

We are The Requisite, based in Derbyshire of the United Kingdom. We've been going for just over two years now, and have started recording our first album. We've currently recorded five songs (three of which are available at the above link, one of which is available on my UG profile only!) and plan to record at least five more this christmas. Our sound is pretty much straight up rock; aspects of classic and modern styles, a nod to 80's metal (most notably Iron Maiden), with elements of pop - mainly in the form of our vocal harmonies, which we always strive to re-create live.

Choose your prefered website:

MySpace / Facebook/ UG Artist Page

(Don't forget to add us as a fan on MySpace/Facebook/UG!)

The reason we've divided up the recording sessions is because we're all based in different universities at the moment; which is also the main reason we don't have many gigs lined up. We intend to get more serious and perhaps give it a shot when we're all done with learning, but until then the songs are just for our and your listening pleasures (or not, as the case may be!).

Band Members:

Lead Vocals - Edd Ingham
Guitar and backing vocals - Matt Mason (Me! I generally take most of the lead parts)
Guitar and backing vocals - Alex Rennie
Bass - Alex Botting
Drums - Jason Smith

Track listing:

SmallTown - Written by Alex Rennie. Kind of pop, almost pop punk, chorus harmony is the hook here.
Nothing Wakes You - Written by Matt Mason. Darker than most of our other stuff, implements effects a lot more too.
California - Written by Alex Rennie. Our most "American rock" song, I'd say. Also pretty pop, with a bit of a classic rock edge.

Going Nowhere - Written by Alex Rennie. Our power ballad! Simple, straight love song. Only available on my UG profile!
Wasting Time - Written by Alex Rennie and Matt Mason. Another much darker song, with a rather defining erie intro. Will only be available on the album.
+ 5 tracks or more to be recorded soon

If you wish to crit individual songs, visit the three links in the bottom of my sig (however, I can be incredibly lazy in my crit return... don't get me wrong, I will get round to it, but you may end up waiting a few days. Just a heads up.)
Last edited by Mathamology at May 12, 2008,
I liked it, at first i thought smalltown was going to be acoustic and then it changed which was cool. can your crit mine? its in my sig.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by JordantheAxe
I liked it, at first i thought smalltown was going to be acoustic and then it changed which was cool. can your crit mine? its in my sig.

Thanks for giving us a listen Yeah, I don't really know where they acoustic intro idea came from (it was my idea, but not sure why)! I'll check your band out soon.

*Update* - Songs and photos added to the Facebook page
not bad, "small town" was musically ok, but I am not a huge van of the vocals - I don't like 'cookie monster' vocals, but those were too soft and pop. Good guitar tone, nice to hear someone who doesnt have the gain on 11.
Quote by BigFatMonkeyBoy
not bad, "small town" was musically ok, but I am not a huge van of the vocals - I don't like 'cookie monster' vocals, but those were too soft and pop. Good guitar tone, nice to hear someone who doesnt have the gain on 11.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "cookie monster vocals" but thanks for giving us a listen a lot of people seem don't seem to be a big fan of our vocalist; however, as a band we like him, and feel he fits our style well. I'm not sure wether it's a good sign that some people don't seem to like him - wether to take it as our vocalist isn't pop (probably a good thing) or just isn't like that much.

EDIT - I wrote the above message whilst drunk, and have since ammended it
the guitar is deffinitely impressive in the songs. nice work. I'm liking the tunes a lot.

good voice too seems to have some good range.

-Ben
-allicansay
Quote by Horneyman71
the guitar is deffinitely impressive in the songs. nice work. I'm liking the tunes a lot.

good voice too seems to have some good range.

-Ben
-allicansay

Thanks for giving us a listen! Cheers for the decent feedback, glad you liked us.

Hey dude. I like your stuff. I'm from Derby too. I'm in a band called Alien Angels. We're fairly new but we're looking for gigs. Add us if you like and we can set up a gig sometime www.myspace.com/alienangels

Steph
Our Planned Failure
Quote by opf
Hey dude. I like your stuff. I'm from Derby too. I'm in a band called Alien Angels. We're fairly new but we're looking for gigs. Add us if you like and we can set up a gig sometime www.myspace.com/alienangels

Steph

Hey, cool, I've added you to our profile. About gigs; we won't be very active gig wise until summer time, (around the start of June) due to us all being at uni now, so if you fancy setting something up around then, give us a shout!
You're great, don't stop playing. I remember when you put up Small Town in the Riffs and Recordings forum and I even listened to it more than twice, and remembered to listen to it again the day afterwards. That alone makes it good and remembereable

And tell your drummer he's great, and don't lose him
i really like it, california is a pretty strong song, i would have prefered if it had been a bit heavier, but thats just me.

i added you on myspace,

have a listen to my band at www.MeetTheEscape.com -the top three songs are very new

our myspace is www.myspace.com/meettheescape the songs on there arent as good, but we'll get them up soon.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by Fongie
You're great, don't stop playing. I remember when you put up Small Town in the Riffs and Recordings forum and I even listened to it more than twice, and remembered to listen to it again the day afterwards. That alone makes it good and remembereable

And tell your drummer he's great, and don't lose him

Woo, a fan (almost)!

I'm glad you loved SmallTown so much Haha, nah, me and our drummer are the two most passionate in the band, he ain't going nowhere (I won't let him...).

Quote by mrjimborinsane
i really like it, california is a pretty strong song, i would have prefered if it had been a bit heavier, but thats just me.

i added you on myspace,

have a listen to my band at www.MeetTheEscape.com -the top three songs are very new

our myspace is www.myspace.com/meettheescape the songs on there arent as good, but we'll get them up soon.

Cheers for giving us a listen, glad you enjoyed it! Yeah California is a fair amount heavier when we play it live... everything is actually!

I listened to Getaway... pretty good! Like the chorus, decent melody, the intro solo wasn't too bad. Good stuff!
i liked that, the recording sound very professional too.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

dude youve got really good stuff.... recording quality is also pretty damn good atleast in comparison with the **** we got.... and the drummer is very good

please crit my band:
see my sig
Not bad - those recordings are good demo quality though the drums are far too muted - sounds like they were recorded just with overheads. In future try and get a mix that's slightly more even out across the stereo image, at the moment each instrument sounds separated. The singing's pretty slick which is good, cause that tends to by the achilles heel of any band...

Presentation is great - you've carved a proper image for yourselves and I really like the logo. Mind you, I naturally avoid bands called 'The --------' - it's such an insanely overused template that it just shouts 'Generic!'.
You can draw alien vaginas and are in a talented band. Is there nothing you can't do?

But seriously, I like it. I don't mind the vocals, not my favourite, but not bad.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by del monte
i liked that, the recording sound very professional too.

Cool, glad you enjoyed it - thanks for giving us a listen!

Quote by outlawtorn
dude youve got really good stuff.... recording quality is also pretty damn good atleast in comparison with the **** we got.... and the drummer is very good

please crit my band:
see my sig

Cheers, again, thanks for giving us a listen. Our drummer does seem to get a lot of recognition I'll check your band out in a min.

Quote by kyle62
Not bad - those recordings are good demo quality though the drums are far too muted - sounds like they were recorded just with overheads. In future try and get a mix that's slightly more even out across the stereo image, at the moment each instrument sounds separated. The singing's pretty slick which is good, cause that tends to by the achilles heel of any band...

Presentation is great - you've carved a proper image for yourselves and I really like the logo. Mind you, I naturally avoid bands called 'The --------' - it's such an insanely overused template that it just shouts 'Generic!'.

(Woo, a crit!) Yeah, I think we've achieved a decent sound quality for saying we've never stepped in a 'proper' studio. Glad you like our singer; there seems to be split opinion over his voice.

Cheers, I spend way too much time playing with our MySpace look though ... I see where you're coming from with the name, but we're all happy with it.

Cheers for giving us a listen!

Quote by Dinkydaisy
You can draw alien vaginas and are in a talented band. Is there nothing you can't do?

But seriously, I like it. I don't mind the vocals, not my favourite, but not bad.

Will I never live this genetalia-related incident down?

Thanks for giving us a listen though, and the 'talented band' comment is indeed flattering. Glad you like it
good stuff mate. Figure out a better way to record the vocals
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
UPDATE - Two gigs this easter! If anyone is in the Derbyshire area, nip down to The Fishpond, Matlock Bath on Sat 22nd, 7:00pm, and/or The Victoria Inn, Derby on Thursday 27th, 7:30pm. Check out our MySpace for more details.
Really, really good Nothing Wakes You reminds me of Hotel California, I think you's use the same progression or something, and then when the distortion comes in its kinda reminiscant of The Foo Fighters. I like the simple lead licks at the start of California, it reminds me of some of them pop punk songs you hear on the verse, same with the chorus too, i like the arpeggio melodies, sounds like Avenged Sevenfold a bit. Small town is very smiliar to california in my views, with that pop punk feel about it, then a more metal chorus. I like the bass in the verse, thats very clever and works very well.

check out my band?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13309899#post13309899
Nice, I like the harmonizing vocals in the chorus of smalltown a lot, very cool. The other songs have some great guitar in them as well.
you guys are awesome! dont mind the vocals either: they're not superb but they are pretty good.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I have 2 complaints. The music was decent and I could definitely see the Iron Maiden influence. But...

-The vocals are NOT good. Just too Blink 182ish or something. Try to get a new singer.
-The rhythm guitar is too slow and simplistic. The lead guitar is good and fits well. But the rhythm is just atrocious.

Overall, I think the band is pretty good. The song structure is great.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Page 1 of 2