10 if you're in standard i think

EDIT: whoops I thought that said on the 4th string.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by system_cky
Uh. The f'n C string

Unnecessary. Very unnecessary.

To the threadstarter, middle C is either the 5th fret on the G string, or the 17th fret on the G string. I'm trying to think if it's bass or guitar that's written an octave below concert pitch. No it's gotta be guitar. I think it's 5th fret G string.
I was right C string would be the 5th on g string. I play some piano. =]
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by system_cky
I was right C string would be the 5th on g string. I play some piano. =]

Well, you never said "it would be 5th fret on the G string". You said the C string, when he says he has a 4 string, which is a useless answer to be honest, and then you're quite rude about it. So technically you were wrong, because on a standard tuned bass there is no C string.

Please don't condescend other users with swearing again, it doesn't lend a nice vibe to the forum.
Ok heres the deal,
Double Bass was invented and named DOUBLE Bass because it was meant to double the cello part, but an octave lower. We can read the exact same music as a cellist would, but our instrument would sound one octave lower. If we want to copy the cello part exactly, we would have to play an octave higher than what is written. That being said, written middle C on bass would be the 5th fret on the G string, but actual middle C would be the 17th fret on the G string. Guitar also sounds one octave lower than it is written, but guitar parts are written on treble clef.
Not a stupid question, by the way.
Got Bass?
Quote by system_cky
sry. I was assuming everyone had a tenor...

Haha. If it only was that way my friend!
Quote by system_cky

You f'in wish
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
It isn't a stupid question, I wanted to know that too.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by system_cky

thats ridiculous tenor is not standard tuning, and someone who knows little theory would not know other tunings, and besides what lead you to believe everyone has a tenor bass? since when did that happen?

i think you're just talking out of your ass and don't really know what you're talking about, could you explain to us what a tenor bass is without googling it?
Quote by FbSa
We're written up an octave so that the music can be read. Hence why it's 17th position G string. Sorry for stating the obvious.

Dont be sorry, apperently someone have too!
Quote by Zar938
thats ridiculous tenor is not standard tuning, and someone who knows little theory would not know other tunings, and besides what lead you to believe everyone has a tenor bass? since when did that happen?

i think you're just talking out of your ass and don't really know what you're talking about, could you explain to us what a tenor bass is without googling it?

I agree with everything you said, but tune it down a little man. No need to jump the gun.

And Jazzy, that sayings cooler than a pengiun on an Antartic ice cream truck.

And that sayings lamer than a democratic candidate. Did he say that!? No disrespect to anyone.
Quote by Zar938

a tenor is a
A D G C

Right?

Yea.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-